• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - GAF Clans, Servers and Matchmaking

Raist

Banned
Get ready to be WOWHAWK'd

61oiqed.jpg

Please try to use this thread only for matchmaking / clan invites / servers setup purposes.
General discussion about the game (gameplay, feedback, advices for newbies and whatnot) should take place in the Official Warhawk Thread

Useful links :

Warhawk Manual (PDF)

Official Playstation boards (US) - Warhawk

Official Playstation boards (EU) - Warhawk

Warhawk guide on mycheats.com

GAF clans & Leaders :

NeoGAF Clan Roster List
(Killthee is in charge of managing the roster list)

GAF East [GAFe] - UnholySpectacle
GAF West [GAFw] - Safe Bet
GAF North [GAFn] - Varshes
GAF Europe [GAFu] - Xater
GAF South [GAFs] - The Jer

Please note that a bug currently prevents leaders from inviting more than 30 people (should be 64).
GAFe, GAFw and GAFu are full at the moment.

GAF servers infos :

GAF servers list (thanks to Killthee who is managing it)

Best way to join a GAF server is to sort the servers list by names and scroll through the list. Trying to join by going through your clan members or friends list may bug (game will tell you that the server is full while it's not - PleoMax and myself have already witnessed this bug).

People that plan to frequently host should use Killthee's nomenclature, and keep the same server name when they put it back up, so that people will be able to add GAF servers in favorites.

Example : GAF_PST(#1)-CTF/ZNS (= timezone, add a number if there already are GAF servers in your zone, last time is for the frequent modes that your server has)

Please also provide those informations :

PSN ID:
GAF Username:
Timezone:
Is your server going to be mostly Ranked,Unranked, or Both?
The frequent modes in your rotation list.
The sparse modes in your rotation list.
The max player count in your server.

And PM Killthee to give him your mail, so that he gives you the rights to edit the spreadsheet.

Useful infos :

- How to setup your brand new headset

1) Charge your mic
2) Hold the button until the blue light holds (NOT flashing)
3) In the XMB, go to Settings > Accessories > Register a new BT peripheral > Headset and start scanning. Your HS brand and model should appear.
4) Now go to Settings > Audio Peripheral Parameters. Make sure your HS's name is displayed next to input and output. The grey bar on top of the menu should fill up as you speak. Adjust the volume accordingly (red bars lighting = killing people's ears)

When you're ingame, a small icon should be displayed next to your name. If it's not, turn the HS off by holding the button around 5 seconds (= while light flashes 5 times). There should be a quick flashing and the light should turn off. Then turn your HS on again be holding the button.
Hold L3 to speak (max. 10 seconds). The small icon should turn yellow.

- GAF/PSNIDs list for server hosts

plzdunbanmehfromurservthx

6c3h3zt.jpg

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I may be interested in GAF South if there is room. I am still into the COD4 Beta, Madden, and Bioshock. But as soon as I finish Bioshock, I might pick up Warhawk.

Dazzyman

Im intrested in Gafu (europe) if any room becomes free later on just PM us and let us know.

My tag for PS3 for that is Dazman (NOT Dazzyman as normal thats already taken thats me also though). Also happy to make the numbers up on any GAF clan as a backup as Im up at weird hours (as dont work). Have headset and know how to use it from plenty of years on PC games.

Miguel

Raist said:
Sorry, but I have no infos about this clan :p
I didn't even know it existed before yesterday.
Because it's not a GAF sanctioned clan ;)

We're out to take ALL you suckas out.

Miguel

:lol

Network error right as I was leaving out the door...gonna set it up and hope you suckas don't knock it down again. :)

Miguel

Make those 20 spots into 16...I lowered it a bit in hopes that it stays up this time.

Also, server name has changed to mmolinajr

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I posted this in the other thread 5 minutes ago.

Servers Up

oO_SR_Panda_Oo_by_pacman23-1.jpg

GAF_PST(#1)-CTF/ZNS

Ranked
20 people max

On the subject of servers, lets get the ball rolling on the server status list. I, and I'm sure you guys are as well, am sick and tired of wasting half an hour looking for a decent server only to play 10 minutes before gettting kicked/dropped thanks to a "Network Error". This problem could easily be solved if more people started hosting GAF servers. I'm happy setting up my system as a server and kicking/banning people from it so you guys can play, but when I read this thread and notice that the only other person doing this consistently is TTP it really hampers my spirit to keep on hosting. We have more than 200 people in the clan roster, why the bloody hell aren't you guys hosting? This is the first and last time I'll say this; If I don't see more people consistently hosting, I won't host any more GAF servers. IT'S TIME TO STEP THE F@%& UP GAF! If you want to be added to the GAF Server Status List post the following and P.M. me your email address so I can give you editing rights to edit the status of your server.

PSN ID:
GAF Username:
Timezone:
Is your server going to be mostly Ranked,Unranked, or Both?
The frequent modes in your rotation list.
The sparse modes in your rotation list.
The max player count in your server.

Raist

Banned
@Killthee> I've updated the OP with your instructions for hosting. I didn't copy/paste your meltdown tho :p

burnfout

PSN ID: burnfout
GAF Username: burnfout
Server name: GAF_GMT(#3)
Timezone: GMT +1 ( from midnight to 8 am)
Is your server going to be mostly Ranked,Unranked, or Both? Ranked
The frequent modes in your rotation list. CTF + Zones
The sparse modes in your rotation list. Team Deathmatch
The max player count in your server. 8

Ceb

PSN ID: Arkestra
GAF Username: Ceb
Server name: GAF_GMT(#2)-CTF/ZNS
Timezone: GMT+1
Is your server going to be mostly Ranked,Unranked, or Both? Mostly ranked
The frequent modes in your rotation list. CTF + ZNS
The sparse modes in your rotation list. TDM Dogfight
The max player count in your server. 24

Killthee

burnfout said:
PSN ID: burnfout
GAF Username: burnfout
Server name: GAFGMT
Timezone: GMT +1 ( from midnight to 8 am)
The frequent modes in your rotation list. CTF + Zones
The sparse modes in your rotation list. Team Deathmatch

peacemountain said:
peacemountain
peacemountain
GAFu_ch
GMT +1
Ranked
ZNS + CTF
none
no schedule

Ceb said:
PSN ID: Arkestra
GAF Username: Ceb
Server name: GAF_GMT(#2)-CTF/ZNS
Timezone: GMT+1
Is your server going to be mostly Ranked,Unranked, or Both? Mostly ranked
The sparse modes in your rotation list. TDM Dogfight
The max player count in your server. 24

I added all three of you. P.M. me your email address so you can edit the server status.

Here are your server id's, thanks for joining.

burnfout:GAF_GMT(#3)
peacemountain:GAF_GMT(#4)
ceb:GAF_GMT(#5)

I can't believe Euro GAF is stepping up to the plate before N.A. GAF... X_X

lunlunqq

PSN ID: lunlunqq
GAF Username: lunlunqq
Timezone: EST
Server name: GAFe_practice
Password: ohrly
Unranked dedicated server
Game modes: CTF and ZONE.
The max player count: 12.

Killthee

Safe Bet said:
PSN ID: Safe_Bet
GAF Username: Safe Bet
Server name: ???
Timezone: CST
The sparse modes in your rotation list. Deathmatch and Dogfight

Server ID: GAF_CST(#2)
Server Name: GAF_CST(#2)-CTF/ZNS

lunlunqq said:
PSN ID: lunlunqq
GAF Username: lunlunqq
Timezone: EST
Server name: GAFe_practice
Password: ohrly
Unranked dedicated server
Game modes: CTF and ZONE.
The max player count: 12.

Do you want to be added to the server list? Post your server schedule/no schedule and P.M. me your email address if you want me to add you.

Killthee

Servers Up! You know the drill.

oO_SR_Panda_Oo_by_pacman23-1.jpg

GAF_PST(#1)-CTF/ZNS

Ranked
20 people max

90% chance of getting kicked if you don't have GAF tag or don't post your PSN ID before joining...

Dazzyman

So us what cant get in the clan are f* at moment then I take it due to bug for not being enough spots and get kicked even if we try???

Just that I tried the PST one and got bloody kicked for no reason than joining :( Dont particulary want a perma ban for nothing (as it says kick twice = f* off for good). If so yay for being in Europe and yay for getting it late ;)

My alt by the way Dazman is still waiting if theirs space :lol

Safe Bet

Banned
Killthee I took my server off the spreadsheet and you can remove my Editing Privileges as I won't be Clan Leader anymore.

Thanks...

:D

Killthee

Safe Bet said:
Killthee I took my server off the spreadsheet and you can remove my Editing Privileges as I won't be Clan Leader anymore.

Thanks...

:D

X_X;

Who's leading GAFw now?

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Gunstar77 & I am in the EST. I was playing in a GAF game the other night but someone kicked me out. :(

Killthee

Gunstar77 said:
Gunstar77 & I am in the EST. I was playing in a GAF game the other night but someone kicked me out. :(

Probably me....I'll try to remember your ID so I don't kick you out again...

Sorry.

Raist

Banned
I've posted the spreadsheet with GAF nicks/PSNIDs from people who are not part of a GAF clan yet. Server hosts, dun ban 'em.

It's certainly not complete, I just picked some nicks in the Official thread but didn't feel like going through the 100+ pages :p

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Raist said:
I've posted the spreadsheet with GAF nicks/PSNIDs from people who are not part of a GAF clan yet. Server hosts, dun ban 'em.

It's certainly not complete, I just picked some nicks in the Official thread but didn't feel like going through the 100+ pages :p

You can add me, kthx :p

SonyId: SuperDeanio

Killthee

Raist said:

Great idea. Thanks for it.

No_Style

I just got the game today. Was in the beta and I basically had only one great match during the entire beta.

I was just in the CST CTF/Zone server and whoever made that server knows how to make a server. Good size maps.

PSN: NoStyle

Killthee

I think it's time for the FIRST OFFICIAL GAF WARHAWK MEET AND DESTROY!!!!!

85875277_434be2a778_o.jpg

Lets get the ball rolling...

Since the clan aspects of the game are currently a huge stinking mess (no stat tracking, clan invite bug, no party system,........X_X;) and our clan leadership is also kind of screwed up (......don't get me started......), this first official meet will be a friendly meet. That means no regional clan allegiance and no ranked games. Servers will be player hosted servers hosted by GAF members and password locked to keep them GAF only. P.M. me if you want to volunteer to host. I'll need your PSN ID, GAF ID, and the max players you can host (this ain't going to work if you guys don't volunteer). The destruction will begin Saturday, September 8 at 1:00 P.M. PST.

So remember:

Friendly meet; No Clan Allegiance & No Ranked Games
Servers will be player hosted so host can participate
(I need volunteers....P.M. me)
Servers will be pass locked (Pass will be posted in this thread an hour before the meet)
Meet will begin Saturday, September 8 at 1:00 P.M. PST

I can not emphasize this enough, THIS MEET WILL NOT WORK IF WE DON'T GET VOLUNTEERS TO HOST.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I still haven'y picked this up yet (been a hell of busy week) but I plan on picking it up this weekend (off of PSN). Maybe Sunday morning on the EST some of us can get together for a Sunday brunch of Warhawk. :D

PAYBACKill

hey,

I have a clan, we have a warhawk team. We want a CTF scrim / war / practice, whatever GAFe can do. settings and all that can be ironed out per map, each clan picking a map then agreeing on a third, like most other online clan games. blah blah blah.

PM me if you are in GAFe and want to play.

Top Bottom