• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Firewire

Banned
War1.jpg

War2.jpg

War3.jpg

War4.jpg

War5.jpg

War6.jpg

War7.jpg

WarMap1.jpg

WarMap2.jpg

WarMap3.jpg

WarMap4.jpg

WarMap5.jpg

This should be in the OP!

Defuser said:
Sure...Time? Air dog fights only or Ground battlefield?

Time would be later to ensure West Coast folks could play as well. Say, 10pm EST? Or we could have a couple of different matches throughout the night. This is why I want some input. Air vs ground fights can be figured out later.

The more I think about this the more I'm thinking about volunteering to head GAF1. My only issue is I currently work industrial sales, but I'm looking for a regular 9-5 desk job. My current job only allows me to play games later in the day on the days I work, but I have internet access almost all day to coordinate things.

gcubed

TTP said:
Bare in mind Incognito updated the bandwidth requirements since the beta. I was able to host a full 32p server with the beta code. Now I mostly get up to 20 with the review one.

i have 15/1 service with no limits/caps. I'd gladly leave on the ps3 while i sleep for west coast gaffers to play.

calder

I have an upload of 1 Mb/s, but during the beta I could only host 12 or 16 player games from what I can remember. Sucks that the bandwidth req was increased, although I'm sure it'll make for better servers.

I want in the clan, too! I had a fun four or five days with the beta before it closed down.

GAF: distantmantra
PSN: distantmantra
Timezone: PST/PDT (West Coast USA)

I'm going to bed so I'll read any opinions regarding the Thursday GAF clan KILL-A-THON in the morning. I'll also make my mind up about running GAF1 then as well.

Good Night all.

the_id

dralla said:
I updated with OP with the feedback. If there's too many pictures just say so, I'll make the Maps/Weapons text

I nominate dralla, thread starter...awsome Gafer. someone second me!

nofi

Killthee - I won't be on until the 29th, a day later now.

I do think I'm less Warhawk hardcore than some (and on UK time) so feel free to move me to GAF2, or whatever it's called, dude.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
nofilter said:
Killthee - I won't be on until the 29th, a day later now.

I do think I'm less Warhawk hardcore than some (and on UK time) so feel free to move me to GAF2, or whatever it's called, dude.

Okay.

Xater

@Killthee: Can you put me on GAF2 seeing more Euro players on it? You can add to my info EU and timezone GMT +1.

FightyF

Banned
I think adjusting people for timezones is a great idea. I'm nearer to the West Coast (I'm actually MST [GMT -7])...

I think it's a good idea as we'll have Japanese and Aussie Warhawkers, to Euro Warhawkers. The times are gonna be all over the place.

As far as the names are concerned, I like the idea of [GAFα] and [GAFβ] if allowed. If those characters aren't allowed, how about [GAF] and [GAF+]? Or [GAF!] for the 2nd team. :p

Or if there is a decision to split up the teams in accordance to timezones...[GAFw] and [GAFe] for GAF west and east? I also like the idea of "west" and "east" teams rather than 1 or 2...but that's just me.

Just throwing up some ideas...

Surreal

FightyF said:
I think adjusting people for timezones is a great idea. I'm nearer to the West Coast (I'm actually MST [GMT -7])...

I think it's a good idea as we'll have Japanese and Aussie Warhawkers, to Euro Warhawkers. The times are gonna be all over the place.

As far as the names are concerned, I like the idea of [GAFα] and [GAFβ] if allowed. If those characters aren't allowed, how about [GAF] and [GAF+]? Or [GAF!] for the 2nd team. :p

Or if there is a decision to split up the teams in accordance to timezones...[GAFw] and [GAFe] for GAF west and east? I also like the idea of "west" and "east" teams rather than 1 or 2...but that's just me.

I think we should keep what we have right now and in a month or two when the rush is over and we find out who is really staying it would be wise to split into west, east, etc.

nofi

Surreal said:
I think we should keep what we have right now and in a month or two when the rush is over and we find out who is really staying it would be wise to split into west, east, etc.

Which is fine, but I for one won't be able to play in most of the US based matches as it'll be in the middle of the night when you start playing.

It really makes sense to split by territory at least, East and West US if you want, but certainly one for Europe, one for Japan and one for the Aussies.

It won't be that hard to co-ordinate, and there'd be more opportunity for intra-GAF battles between clans.

Wollan said:
I say we call them GAF1,2,3..etc. Don't see the problem.

It's not clear who is who. GAF_W, GAF_E, GAF_EUROPE, GAF_J, GAF_AUS works for me.

Xater

FightyF said:

But what name should GAF Euro have? GAFe is then gone... :( :D

And I support the region idea. We can still organize some special events to lay together on weekends or something.

nofi

Xater said:
But what name should GAF Euro have? GAFe is then gone... :( :D

And I support the region idea. We can still organize some special events to lay together on weekends or something.

I dunno, I just think the way it is now is asking for trouble and I know we don't need all 64 in a match (technically impossible anyway) but there'd be more choice if we're all awake.

FightyF

Banned
Surreal said:

I suppose...

As it is true that many signed up for the Resistance clan but there were some who weren't able to play much at all.

I was just looking at this TimeZone Map, and the time differences in some extreme cases will be...extreme. Maybe we should just account for the real extreme cases, ie. an Aussie on a primarily Euro GAF2 clan, but generally leave it as is.

And maybe it's up to those affected by differing timezones to bring it to the Clan leader's attention, rather than making the leader do all the sorting themselves. So if you feel that it's hard to make it to clan nights...let the leader know and he'll sort things out.

Surreal

nofilter said:
Which is fine, but I for one won't be able to play in most of the US based matches as it'll be in the middle of the night when you start playing.

It really makes sense to split by territory at least, East and West US if you want, but certainly one for Europe, one for Japan and one for the Aussies.

It won't be that hard to co-ordinate, and there'd be more opportunity for intra-GAF battles between clans.

It's not clear who is who. GAF_W, GAF_E, GAF_EUROPE, GAF_J, GAF_AUS works for me.

You do have a good point. Maybe we should just split it right now and avoid the hassle later on. The clan names can only be 4 characters btw.

edit;

wGAF (western GAF)
eGAF (eastern GAF)
GAFe (GAF Europe)
GAFa (GAF Asia)

Ashhong

I'm really having a hard time deciding on whether I want retail or PSN version...

I can get retail for $55 total. What do you guys think? 55 vs 40. Also, I have a headset, but it's kind of old. One of the earlier Motorola headsets that are kind of silver/green/blue. It's works ok, but I'm going to play some CaC with a friend to test it out better.

Plus retail gives you the box and disk so you can play somewhere else...but the PSN version gives you convenience and maybe faster loading time :(. Any word on whether you can install the retail disk onto the harddrive? Also, does the Jabra charge via an A/C adapter or USB? I assume it will come with one or the other.

Help me choose!

the_id

i'll be able to play in either in US or Pacific times. When its night in the states, it'll be afternoon here in NZ.

Ferrio

Banned
It should be split up period. Not just because of clan caps, but because of latency issues. Even if we keep it just one damn big clan, where do we decide to play? Do we fuck over the east coasters and play on west servers, or fuck over the west coasters? I don't (and won't be able to) play on servers on the east, ping will just be way too high.

Grayman

FightyF said:
I suppose...

As it is true that many signed up for the Resistance clan but there were some who weren't able to play much at all.

I was just looking at this TimeZone Map, and the time differences in some extreme cases will be...extreme. Maybe we should just account for the real extreme cases, ie. an Aussie on a primarily Euro GAF2 clan, but generally leave it as is.

And maybe it's up to those affected by differing timezones to bring it to the Clan leader's attention, rather than making the leader do all the sorting themselves. So if you feel that it's hard to make it to clan nights...let the leader know and he'll sort things out.
I used to play an MMO, well sometimes quite a few hours a day but I we covered Vancouver/Cali, the rest of the US, Italy, Czeck repub, and Australian players all interacting.

It is more about the time people play than the time zone if you have people that aren't 9 to 5.

Ashhong

Surreal said:
You do have a good point. Maybe we should just split it right now and avoid the hassle later on. The clan names can only be 4 characters btw.

GAFw, GAFe, GAFu (Europe), GAFa (Australia), GAFj (Japan)?

Pretty simple and straightforward. I am assuming you would need 2 for USA, or you could make it GAFn (North America)

Put me down for GAF West if that happens :D

Surreal

Ashhong said:
GAFw, GAFe, GAFu (Europe), GAFa (Australia), GAFj (Japan)?

Pretty simple and straightforward. I am assuming you would need 2 for USA, or you could make it GAFn (North America)

Put me down for GAF West if that happens :D

I like this better than my suggestion, only problem is if one of the regions reaches its limit. But we can solve that later.

Westseven PST Cali.

Wollan

Well the next step would be to start gathering all that info.
Here's mine again:

GAF: PSN: Time: Specific Location:

Wollan - Wollan - Australian Eastern - Melbourne

Ashhong

Surreal said:
I like this better than my suggestion, only problem is if one of the regions reaches its limit. But we can solve that later.

That's true. What about NG instead of GAF? It leaves space for more. NGw1 or something. Only problem is it's not very recognizable or catchy.

"Holy crap, GAF clan! RUN!"
vs
"Holy crap, NGw1 clan! What's that stand for..."

Edit: new info?

Ashhong - Ashhong - Pacific Standard - California

nofi

Here's some inspiration:

4tsc55t.jpg

Nofilter - Nofi - GMT - UK

Surreal

GAFw

1.PSN:Killthee
GAF:Killthee

2.PSN:polyhedron
GAF:polyh3dron

3.PSN:Westseven
GAF:Surreal

4.PSN:Voltron64
GAF:Voltron64

5.PSN:Grayman222
GAF:Grayman

6.PSN:N1ghtz
GAF:Nightz

7.PSN:bjscott05
GAF:bjscott05

8.PSN:distantmantra
GAF:distantmantra

9.PSN:Escalation
GAF:Escalation

10.PSN:Blue Remedy
GAF:Alex

11.PSN:nrXic
GAF:FightyF

12.PSN:Ferrio
GAF:Ferrio

13.PSN:Ashhong
GAF:Ashhong

14.PSN:Wollan
GAF:Wollan

15.PSN:the_id
GAF:the_id

16.PSN:jey_16
GAF:jey_16

To all CST people, I guess you'll have to choose which side you are closer to.

GAFe

1.PSN:playerBeyond
GAF:CSSer

2.PSN:Spartan666
GAF:Firewire

3.PSN:proteus4
GAF: DoctorWho

4.PSN:neojehuty
GAF:neojubei

5.PSN:Trevelyan
GAF:Trevelyan

6.PSN:Wrocksteady
GAF:Flesh Into Gear

7.PSN:kaching
GAF:kaching

8.PSN:sullyj
GAF:sullyj

9.PSN:BlueTsunami
GAF:BlueTsunami

10.PSN:joesmokey
GAF:joesmokey

11.PSN:HerrHelmt
GAF:MickeyKnox

12.PSN:carlos
GAF:carlos

To all CST people, I guess you'll have to choose which side you are closer to.

You guys can use this list to create the spreadsheets if you'd like. I'll keep it up to date here too.

Yixian

Banned
The whole GAF/GAF2 thing might be irrelevant if they increase the maximum member limit.

If not, there may be one or two spots left in GAF2, in which case I'll send invites according to who asked first here in this thread.

But someone should get around to GAF3 etc. as quick as possible.

And if we can all agree on a naming scheme we'd prefer, I think it is possible to rename clans and their tags, so that's all good.

Xater

nofilter said:
Here's some inspiration:

4tsc55t.jpg

Nofilter - Nofi - GMT - UK

Ok will do the GAF Europe Spreadsheet.

Warhawk Europe Spreadsheet

I will use the list from Killthee to add what is possible but everyone from Europe please mentiont your data again in the spreadsheet form:

GAF Name - PSN ID - Location (Country) - Timezone

Edit: If you are from Asia or Australia or any other location and you specificly want to be on GAF Europe because of the time you play pls mention it.

Xater

nofilter said:
Excellent, thanks. We need someone to send out the invites too on day 1 (I won't get the game until the 29th as I'm out of the country).

I can do that too.

@Ceb: Pls not just Eu but your country. Makes stuff easier.

FightyF

Banned
Does cross-US play really suffer that much from latency issues? I was actually thinking of only dividing it up between East and West in terms of the entire World.

As in Aussies play with North Americans, and Europe would have its own.

Ah well, we got lots of time (a week) to figure it out. All I know is that the more, the merrier, and it looks like we got a lot of people picking up this game.

Surreal got it right, I'm somewhat near to the West Coast, but I'll restate it in the Spreadsheet format anyways...

GAF Name - PSN ID - Location (Country) - Timezone

FightyF - nrXic - Alberta, Canada - MST (GMT -7)

Top Bottom