• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wario Ware 2 for GBA (Ma-Wa-Ru Made in Wario)

neo2046

This week "Ma-Wa-Ru Made in Wario" is listed at Famitsu's GBA game release date list.
so it means there is a sequel of Wario Ware will be come out this fall

(no pics yet, so I cannot 100% confirmed)

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
sweet. i guess nintendo's japanese development teams haven't completely abandoned gba. just yet.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Ma-Wa-Ru = Mario, Wario, Ruigi i'd guess?
But Mawaru is also to turn round/make a circle?
Interesting.

rocks.gif

Could the title refer to getting fat? Maybe Wario is getting fatter from making so much money off his games?

Templar Wizard said:
i demand all new fresh games, no rehashs, more multi and NO connectivity to GC to unlock 'secret' games.

I would be rather surprised if this happens. I just expect another Mario Party type deal. Unless they great and amazing new add on for the GBA like the touch screen for the DS...

GDGF

Soothsayer
I wouldn't expect it to be. The GBA needs its update too. If they just released the NDS version, too many people would cry foul :)

sadly i think you will be proved right Darth.
Warioware, ironically, will turn into a dulled rehash franchise with incremental numbers after the title :(

jarrod

Banned
drohne said:
sweet. i guess nintendo's japanese development teams haven't completely abandoned gba. just yet.
Actually there seems to be a lot of Japanese GBA announcements/confirmations recently...

-Pokemon Emerald Version
-Ma-Wa-Ru Made in Wario
-Custom Robo GX2
-F-Zero Climax
-Mother 3
-Donkey Kong: King of Swing
-Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
-Super Mario Ball
-Mario Party Advance
-Legend of Starfi 3
-Fire Emblem: Seima no Kouseki
-Famicom Mini Series 3

8bit

Knows the Score
jarrod said:
Actually there seems to be a lot of Japanese GBA announcements/confirmations recently...

-Super Mario Ball

If that's the same thing as Mario Pinball, it's being developed in the UK by Fuse games according to a letter in the most recent Edge.

drohne

i think all of the following are being developed outside nintendo:

-F-Zero Climax (the last gba game was outsourced, wasn't it?)
-Donkey Kong: King of Swing (someone mentioned in the super mario ball thread that this isn't developed by nintendo)
-Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (capcom)
-Super Mario Ball (fuse entertainment)
-Mario Party Advance (probably hudson)
-Legend of Starfi 3 (nintendo didn't actually develop any of the starfi games, did they?)

seems like nintendo are focusing on ds and outsourcing most of their gba stuff. it also probably hurts gba that intelligent systems are doing so much gamecube work.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
it also probably hurts gba that intelligent systems are doing so much gamecube work.

It'll be worth it, IS has given plenty of love to GBA already, and paper mario 2 looks fantastic :)

They're still making a new Fire emblem on GBA though. Either IS got bigger this gen and got more budget (i would thank god for that) or they're getting pretty damn efficient. Either way, more IS games = me happy :D

DarthWufei said:
I would be rather surprised if this happens. I just expect another Mario Party type deal. Unless they great and amazing new add on for the GBA like the touch screen for the DS...
Wario Ware is not Mario Party. Remember we're talking about two completely different dev teams. Hudson is known to just build a series into the double digits with sequels. Mario Party will easily make it to 10 judging from their Densha and Bomberman series. Wario Ware is an inside job from Nintendo's uber-talented team designers. If it is a sequel chances are high that it'll be plenty unique.

evilromero said:
Wario Ware is not Mario Party. Remember we're talking about two completely different dev teams. Hudson is known to just build a series into the double digits with sequels. Mario Party will easily make it to 10 judging from their Densha and Bomberman series. Wario Ware is an inside job from Nintendo's uber-talented team designers. If it is a sequel chances are high that it'll be plenty unique.

Explain that to the gamecube. I honestly, don't see how they can really take it far. I'm not saying I don't have my hopes, I want to be surprised. But I'm not going to be surprised by a let down either.

jarrod

Banned
drohne said:
-F-Zero Climax (the last gba game was outsourced, wasn't it?)
It was done by Suzac, who's a Nintendo subsidiary.

drohne said:
-Donkey Kong: King of Swing (someone mentioned in the super mario ball thread that this isn't developed by nintendo)
Yep it's being done by Paon (whoever that is).

drohne said:
-Legend of Starfi 3 (nintendo didn't actually develop any of the starfi games, did they?)
Nope, they're produced by R&D1 and developed by Tose Software (who also handled the excellent Slime Morimori, DQM series, Virtua Quest and a ton of other games.

drohne said:
seems like nintendo are focusing on ds and outsourcing most of their gba stuff.
Sure, I'm just surprised at all the recent GBA announcements after E3 was sort of empty GBA wise.

drohne said:
it also probably hurts gba that intelligent systems are doing so much gamecube work.
I agree here. If I don't get Advance Wars 3, heads will roll...

drohne

noa would have plenty of gba software if they'd just go back and localize the kururin, fire emblem, mother, and starfi games they left in japan. :/ i'm not counting on it, though.

sort of unrelated, but i really want klonoa g2 and klonoa heroes as well. gba imports are relatively too expensive to buy often.

drohne said:
noa would have plenty of gba software if they'd just go back and localize the kururin, fire emblem, mother, and starfi games they left in japan. :/ i'm not counting on it, though.

sort of unrelated, but i really want klonoa g2 and klonoa heroes as well. gba imports are relatively too expensive to buy often.

I agree, and ToP. So many older GBA games have been completely forgotten.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
It strikes me as very strange that Nintendo would releae this around the same time as the DS launch. Surely it takes away a large part of the DS's appeal, that being a new Wario Ware game.

I realise the DS game will be different because of the stylus, and maybe it'll be worth buying both, but I'm not sure if the general public will see that.

Perhaps the GBA game will be quite different than what we expect.

brandonnn

BEAUTY&SEXY
jarrod said:
Yep it's being done by Paon (whoever that is).

Just one of those myriad outsource type companies who do a lot of the work behind the scenes and don't get much of credit for the fruits of their labor.

So far they've done work on some wrestlers -- The Wild Rings, Fire Pro Z -- but also some stuff for Doko Demo Issyo, and (here comes a mouthful) Bakusou Dekotora Densetsu: Otoko Hanamichi Yume Roman for PS2, the latest iteration of a semi racing game along the lines of Sega's 18 Wheeler, only with more of an emphasis on totally pimping up and tricking out your sweet ride.

Not sure exactly what was done for each, more research and translation is in order, but you can check out their TOTALLY FUCKING AWESOME website at http://www.paon.co.jp/

paon1.jpg

jarrod

Banned
Mama Smurf said:
It strikes me as very strange that Nintendo would releae this around the same time as the DS launch. Surely it takes away a large part of the DS's appeal, that being a new Wario Ware game.

I realise the DS game will be different because of the stylus, and maybe it'll be worth buying both, but I'm not sure if the general public will see that.

Perhaps the GBA game will be quite different than what we expect.
Well, you never know. I'm suspecting that F-Zero Climax and Made in Wario 2 might actually be DS games instead...

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I'm actually rather shocked that Nintendo never bothered localizing any of the Stafi games... nice graphics, cute mascot, seems a perfect fit for the US GBA audience... From what I heard about the TOP GBA port, it's best left in Japan :p I already own the SFC and PSX versions, so I don't really need a version with worse music and more bugs in it :p TOS and TOPPSX are fighting for the best game in that series. I never really liked the Mother games (duck) but I agree that they should be translated, remember, this isn't 1991 anymore, RPGs sell.

Memles

jarrod said:
Well, you never know. I'm suspecting that F-Zero Climax and Made in Wario 2 might actually be DS games instead...

Wario Ware being released on both at the same time is really quite odd...F-Zero is the same thing, really. So odd to see these big franchises popping up all over the place for GBA, when we'd expect them for DS at this point.

I'll expect to see Wario Ware 2 differ from the original in some ways, and from the DS Title. We'll see...I also fully expect full on multiplayer in the DS Version, while they may leave it out of the GBA one.

GBA is getting King of Swing...maybe DS will get Donkey konga. It's got room for two bongos, and as long as you play it while on a table you can even clap!

jarrod

Banned
worldrunover said:
I'm going out on a limb. Wario Ware is the best handheld game ever made. When considering its function and platform.
Advance Wars >> Tetris >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> WarioWare

Top Bottom