• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Was ESPN College Hoops dropped?

DJ_Tet

Banned
no college bball game this year? damnit i skipped last year's

how is ea's game? i was hoping to get a $20 college bball game, damnit sega!

DMczaf

DJ_Tet said:
no college bball game this year? damnit i skipped last year's

how is ea's game? i was hoping to get a $20 college bball game, damnit sega!

http://sports.ign.com/articles/530/530710p1.html

ncaa-march-madness-2005-20040715113429007.jpg
ncaa-march-madness-2005-20040715113430429.jpg

DJ_Tet

Banned
that'll work...

I haven't played an ea basketball game since Live 97, guess the streak had to end sometime. I've heard that Live has gotten better.

Mrbob

There is a video of college hoops 2k5 on the espnnfl 2k5 disc.

It looks like shit.

But hey, only 20 bucks!

DMczaf

DJ_Tet said:
that'll work...

I haven't played an ea basketball game since Live 97, guess the streak had to end sometime. I've heard that Live has gotten better.

A lot better, and I hated pretty much every NBA Live on PS2/Xbox.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I got the last one since my boy TJ Ford was on the cover..

it was a decent game, but they got soo much wrong.. much like their old NCAA football game.. you need to make sure it feels like the college experience, and they failed miserably.

Matlock

Banned
Hrm, kind of discouraging...but I just may get the entire ESPN lineup (sans MLB) this year, as it's so damn cheap...and decent stuff to boot!

StoOgE

well.. it just lacked detail was the thing.

I would go to play a game in the Frank Irwin Center, problem is its the Frank Erwin Center.

No I.

It doesnt seem like much, but it gets that kind of stuff wrong.. also, the stadiums are all jacked up looking, everything was just wrong, the crowd wasnt into the game (which is appropriate for most UT fans), but when I play in Cameron I want fans going apeshit.. its just how it is.. otherwise it doesnt feel right.

DMczaf

StoOgE said:
well.. it just lacked detail was the thing.

I would go to play a game in the Frank Irwin Center, problem is its the Frank Erwin Center.

No I.

It doesnt seem like much, but it gets that kind of stuff wrong.. also, the stadiums are all jacked up looking, everything was just wrong, the crowd wasnt into the game (which is appropriate for most UT fans), but when I play in Cameron I want fans going apeshit.. its just how it is.. otherwise it doesnt feel right.

March Madness 2005 borrows NCAA Football 2005's Home Field Advantage. Should be pretty cool for a basketball game.

StoOgE

awesome, I may check that out.

Im sure more people will play it online as well.. college hoops was pretty sparse.. there was me and this one kentucky fan and that is all I ever played. He was a real dickwad too. He dropped games like mad when I was winning, and yet I had no choice but to keep playing him and have him cuss me out.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Matlock said:
Hrm, kind of discouraging...but I just may get the entire ESPN lineup (sans MLB) this year, as it's so damn cheap...and decent stuff to boot!

you bastard, mlb is the only game they got totally right play wise last year. of course it looks like butt.

DJ_Tet

Banned
so will there be an ESPN college bball game or not?

I had the original incarnation, and it was solid in parts and broken in others.

The 'floor general' of March Madness sounds sweet, as do the all-time rosters. It might be time to try the EA brand again.

I'm an EA whore when it comes to football, Sega when it comes to bball (although I haven't really liked a Sega bball game since NBA 2k2). Perhaps it's time to change.

Top Bottom