• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watching Army of Darkness...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should I be laughing? Should I be scared? Should I be pissed I blew a dollar on this movie? I don't get why it has such a cult following.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Evil Ash > you

Asbel

Teh Hamburglar said:
Should I be laughing? Should I be scared? Should I be pissed I blew a dollar on this movie? I don't get why it has such a cult following.
Because it has the best one-liners of any movie.

calder

Army of Darkness suffers from a one-liner/pop-culture perspective now because so much of what made it so funny and cool back then was incorporated into a zillion games and movies since.

lol

The humor in that movie may have been funny when I was 8 years old. I think this is another movie which has a strong nostalgia factor and/or fanboy factor inthe case of Federman.

Alucard

Banned
Great, great movie and a cult classic. I loved it the first time I saw it and it just gets better each and every time. No one does physical comedy as well as Bruce Campbell and as has already been mentioned in this thread, his one-liners are the stuff of legend.

"Yo, she-bitch. Come get some."

Respect the boomstick.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'd never seen anything with content from it (cept Duke Nukem, I guess, but Duke wasn't cool), and I also didn't see it when I was young, but I did see it for the first time a couple years ago or something and I thought it was HILARIOUS.

Not really for the one liners, though some were good, but for how cheesy it was on purpose. Like when ash was fighting all the skeletons, and this one was dragging itself by it's arms with a knife in it's mouth and it was like "yarrg, I'l cut out your gizzard!" then at the end when Ash took like 15 shots at that dead lady and she does two dodge moves to evade them as she is flying at him, hahahaha

MonkeyBoy

how can you not find funfilled hard rockin demon filled action with comedy and horror with the best dialouge of one liners combined into such an epic script of massive elaboration that can only apply to the adventure we all dream of saving the world from massive destruction and an unspeakable evil only to have crazy women falling in love with you as soon as you mention your boomstick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!entertaining?

there is something wrong with you if you don't find it entertaining.

Ash Rules!!

arts-2.jpg

BuddyC

I thought it was overrated at first as well. It's repeated viewings, with friends, that really make the movie so memorable. An all time classic.

It is funny because it is so overblown, over the top, and choreographed to the point of utter ridiculousness. The Ash character's one liners are right on the nose and delivered with such conviction, confidence and most of all unrealism.

You are taking the movie completely wrong. A lot of people just miss the point of movies. Raimi's Quick and The Dead is similar and went over the head of most of its audience. Starship Troopers is another good example of a movie that very few people actually get.

Mason

I kept hearing good things about it from friends so I finally borrowed it and loved it. How can you not like it?

Dreamfixx

I don't know shit about shit
I saw AoD a few years back... I thought it was stupid as hell. I don't quite get why it has such a huge fan-base.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Teh Hamburglar said:

Shocker, really. I won't say no more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom