• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ways to reduce stretch marks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

3phemeral

Not entirely sure how effective they are, but pregnant women usually say Vitamin-E and Coco Butter both work marvelously. I'm sure pregnant women are pretty credible sources, considering the amount of stretching their skin has to endure.

darscot

Most of you coco butter vitamen E remedies are for avoiding stretch marks not reducing them once you have them.

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
Retin-A works, I hear. Talk to a doctor about it.

I lost around 90 pounds during my college years, and let's just say that I'm not doing any Playgirl spreads anytime soon.

I gained weight really fast a few years back, and have stretch marks on the sides of my abdomen, and some on my legs. I too would like to know any real good ways to get rid of them. I'll have to check out that Retin-A stuff.

Alucard

Banned
Well, I'm in the middle of a routine that I hope will help me to lose between 40-50 pounds. So far I've lost around 18 and I'm sure there will be some unsightly stretch marks on the way. Vitamin E, eh? What foods have that?

I was super-skinny my whole life until I started taking anti-depressents. I gained 50 lbs in 3 months because the drugs slowed down my metabolism so much. Anyways, I have stretch marks close to my underarms too, but I never knew you got stretch marks for losing weight.

Lathentar

Looking for Pants
darscot said:
I've never heard of stretch marks from losing weight? I'm I missing something.

Well, the strech marks aren't there when you're fat, they show up with your skin loosen's up.

I had a really quick growth spurt right before high school, and I have stretch marks on my back. Annoying. Doubt I'll ever do anything about them.

White Man

Vitamin E, eh? What foods have that?

They mean vitamin E oil. You could buy it at most health stores, get creams with it already inside, or pop open the little liquid-gel caps to get the goo out (significantly cheaper than buying the oil, mind you). You apply it to the scar tissue and let it sit for a few hours, once a day, for a couple days in a row or so. Eventually, the scar tissue will lose the redness and become almost invisible. I have a couple scars it didn't work on perfectly (ribcage) and some I didn't want to use it on (eyebrow) but it's a thumbs up scarring solution.

White Man

Trickier. That might be genetic or it could be something like poor sleeping habits or water retention or dehydration. If you're sleeping enough, try drinking an adequate amount of water for a while. I don't think there's any vitamin that takes care of that.

Mugen

Banned
how bout stinky feet? Well, my feet doesn't stink at all in the summer times but in winter when it gets sweaty... it stinks the whole room. I'm kinda embarassed by it and tried to remedy it by foot powder and odour-eater scholes yet, it only lessens the smell and not actually 'rid' of my feet of that smell. Is there a cure for it? ^_^

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Idle Will Kill said:
I had a really quick growth spurt right before high school, and I have stretch marks on my back. Annoying. Doubt I'll ever do anything about them.
Yeah that happened to me in highschool, looked like I had taken a few lashes, lol.

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
Mugen said:
how bout stinky feet?
madden.JPG
068452.jpg

BAM! TOUGH ACTIN' TINACTIN

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Mugen said:
how bout stinky feet? Well, my feet doesn't stink at all in the summer times but in winter when it gets sweaty... it stinks the whole room. I'm kinda embarassed by it and tried to remedy it by foot powder and odour-eater scholes yet, it only lessens the smell and not actually 'rid' of my feet of that smell. Is there a cure for it? ^_^
Stay away from meat as well as you can, eat lean meat if you must have some. Drink water (get a good amount too) instead of soda and eat more healthy, fresh foods instead of processed stuff, eat fresh whole grain breads instead cheap stuff and anything that has too many preservatives. Even then with the fresh foods, if it smells and tastes potent (garlic, onions, peppers, etc) it'll make you potent as well. Also some cheese is ok but not too much and nothing over processed like typical american cheese or velvetta stuff. I mostly eat fresh foods and grains and I'm not really smelly at all, I don't even fart hardly ever and when I do it's not bad. But if I change my diet and start eating strong foods, meats, junk food, etc. my various odors become unpleasant.

I'm glad my tastes naturally go for good, healthy and mild foods so such a diet isn't foreign to me.

AssMan

Banned
Not being racist, but why do some black guys who are ripped like hell have stretch marks near their delts and upper chest? Lines everywhere!!

OmniGamer

I have a ton of stretch marks...for the longest time i've had stretch marks on my shoulders, i guess from growing fast(always tall for my age..6ft even by age 13), but the last couple of years i got them on my stomach...first the sides, then the front. This was from GAINING weight(obviously something needs to cause the stretching)...i'm losing weight now(60 on my way to 80), and i know they'll be more noticable.

Sometimes i'm self-conscious about them, but now i'm like "fuck it"...at least it's natural, unlike some crazy ass tattoos that people slap all over themselves.

Alucard

Banned
And how about man boobs? I've been doing some wide pushups but I think I just need to bite the bullet and buy a bench press set to eventually work on my chest.

AssMan said:
Not being racist, but why do some black guys who are ripped like hell have stretch marks near their delts and upper chest? Lines everywhere!!
Yeah I've seen that too. I'm not Black but I have marks above my armpits and into my biceps from lifting(and I'm out of shape/not buff). I guess because of their dark skin the stretch marks look more noticeable.

andthebeatgoeson

Alucard said:
And how about man boobs? I've been doing some wide pushups but I think I just need to bite the bullet and buy a bench press set to eventually work on my chest.

Lay off the weed and alcohol. Two of nature's greatest inventions increase the amount of boobs on earth. God really did think of everything.

border

Stretch marks.....smelly feet.....man boobs? Is this just our generic "Ask about embarassing problems" thread? Only a matter of time until someone inquires about ass acne.

As far as I know, stretch marks will not go away unless you do dermabrasion. You can put some kind of lotion or treatment on it to diminish the appearance but as soon as you stop doing that they will reappear. No permanent solution.....other than surgery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom