• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Website dev creates a new xbox clips website called XBOXDVR , it's worth checking out

mocoworm

If you like looking at your xbox clips online, then this new site is probably the best one yet. XBOXCLIPS has been great until now, but this site beats it on features.

http://xboxdvr.com/

http://xboxdvr.com/mocoworm

This is the post from Reddit that the developer made. Sounds like he's pretty committed to making it better.

This is a new website for easily viewing all your Xbox One DVR clips. The site has a modern and responsive design, convenient features, and some cool stats as well. It is community driven and changes are made often to improve and add new features. You can search and sort by game or gamertag. Many cool new features in the pipeline. All thoughts and critiques are welcome.

Xbox DVR

A few weeks back, you may have seen a post about the "Rocket Race Heroes", an Xbox clan that I am a member of. As a result of making RocketRaceHeroes.com I came across wanting a way to include our Xbox content in our site. Yes, I know about XboxClips, but what we wanted for that site was more personalized and embedded content.

So being a web developer, I went investigating and found an API I could use. However, I did not like the idea of paying for it. I dug further and was able to engineer my own API for accessing Xbox information such as gamertag info and, of course, DVR clips. I had the information populating on RRH, but then I decided I'd like to take it one step further to provide all Xbox One gamers a great option for viewing, downloading, and sharing their epic moments.

Thus, XboxDVR.com was born.

- Easily search for clips by gamertag or game.
- See the most watched and newest videos on the site.
- View ALL of a gamers videos on one page without needing to "load more".
- Filter all results by game without re-searching.
- See how many videos a user has, how many views, favorites (coming soon), badges earned, and other stats!
- Community driven features and highlights coming soon.
- Fluid and responsive design, works on all platforms!

The Competition
I know there will be inevitable comparisons to XboxClips, but I believe I am equipped to deliver a better experience and more features over the long term. I believe competition is a great aspect of the gaming industry and that includes providing gamers options for viewing and sharing their Xbox DVR moments! In the end, XboxDVR.com is a fan-service to all Xbox One gamers. It is through you guys that this site will grow and evolve into an amazing place.

Where to go from here
I will be continually adding new features. I already have some great ideas in mind, but I am very open to user feedback and will be creating a place on the site soon for allowing feature requests and voting! Right now, the site is completely ad-free and I'd like to keep it that way for as long as possible.

There are some users out there that already have hundreds of video clips, and currently my solution does involve a longer load time to view these users list of videos given the nature of rendering hundreds of elements on a page (still only a few seconds on 4G or faster). I am working on a better solution for version 2.0 to make viewing the site even more mobile friendly.

If any of you have thoughts, critiques, feature requests, or just want to play some Xbox sometime, drop me a line via the XboxDVR.com About page. Thank you all for viewing and commenting on this project!

RinSatori

Banned
Awesome :) looks good.

tumblr_mhak7lBLdL1rq3kaio1_500.gif

hwy_61

Banned
Is there anyway to post the videos direct on Facebook? The way PS4 does it? Its odd that MS hasn't put that in on a system level.

Top Bottom