• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wendy's Sells Out to Low Cab Losers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had been away from wendy's for a few days, returned to find a low carb menu. Low carb crap is almost as obnoxious as smoking. They need a low carb section of the place for the low carbers and I can eat in normal land where I control my eating habits. fuqs.

Screw low carb craze and their carb speific foods.

abundant-dawn-grateful-bread-large.jpg

GIVE ME MY BREAD!

signet

Bread is bad for you, have a big fat pork roast smothered in a heavy cream sauce. It is better for you, as long as you don't have any potatoes or onions with it.

MASB

MAF, when you say low carbers are losers, I almost have to agree with you. The whole thing has gotten way out of hand. Can someone explain how this low carb nonsense is supposed to work? I thought carbohydrates gave your body energy to function. It's too much fat that's the bad thing. Yeesh! Next thing you know, protein will become the new enemy.

MASB said:
MAF, when you say low carbers are losers, I almost have to agree with you. The whole thing has gotten way out of hand. Can someone explain how this low carb nonsense is supposed to work? I thought carbohydrates gave your body energy to function. It's too much fat that's the bad thing. Yeesh! Next thing you know, protein will become the new enemy.

Well, instead of carbs, you will use fat for energy. The problem is that the fat does not give as much energy as carbs and the state your body is in when it uses fat is not very healthy and may have some reprecussions.

MonkeyBoy

you know what i find funny? everybody is so in to losing wieght with the low carb diet, but they are not doing any excersise, you neeeed to excersise, so this whole carb craze in the resturaunts is useless... bring back the fatt!

Here's a tip: If you dont use what you eat, dont eat it. Dont limit yourself to one chunk of the food pyramid cause the diet is not balanced. Not only that but youre fucking missing out on some of the best foods in the world.

People go atkins because extremes are the only way America seems to know how to operate. Handy since extremes generally require the least amount of control/effort.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
::bites into a breakfast burrito made from egg beaters, turkey breakfast sausage, low fat Mexi-blend cheese, freshly made salsa, and wrapped in a whole-wheat tortilla::

I think you'd actually like South Beach, MAF. It encourages healthy home cooking and good carb consumption. None of this freaky Atkins shit.

Besides, didn't you complain about not having enough true MEALS the other day? Too much fast food, you said...

OmniGamer

MASB said:

Excess calories are stored as fat...that's why. And people are more likely to eat tons of bread, pasta, pizza, and simple carbs like pastries, candy bars, and other sugary stuff than they are to go excessive on lean meats.

I feel safe living in Ireland, no matter how diet crazy everybody gets, the menu in all of the Fish & Chip shops will stay as unhealthy as ever.

Pellham

Banned
isn't it more easier to just say that eating less will result in losing weight?

anyway if atkins was so great, we'd be seeing results, but atkins only really works for extremely obese people, not for people who only want to lose 5 or 10 lbs.

Newbie said:
I feel safe living in Ireland, no matter how diet crazy everybody gets, the menu in all of the Fish & Chip shops will stay as unhealthy as ever.

damn right, and we got our fry ups as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom