• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Went to the Texans/Dolphins Scrimmage - Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

olimario

Banned
Yesterday my friend Brian and I went out to the Texans/Dolphins Scrimmage at Reliant Stadium. This was my first time to the place and it is VERY nice. It's the only professional sports place I've been to, apart from the Juice Box, that has clean bathrooms. ROCK ON!
tex9.jpg
tex8.jpg

We got there just as the players were starting 7 on 7 ball, which was a blast to watch. All the grace and showmanship of football without all of the blocking and tackling. It's football how my friends and I play.

From there they did 11 on 11 ball where the QB was off limits. They'd start at their own 20 and go as far as they could in 10 plays, then they'd switch offence and defence.

It was great to see that kind of football being played and to see that kind of interaction between opposing players. With nothing on the line they are so friendly and talkative with one another. Very cool to see professional athletes act like that. Reminds me of every time the runner on first chats it up with the first baseman.
tex6.jpg
tex5.jpg

tex4.jpg
tex3.jpg

tex2.jpg
tex1.jpg

We had nice seats. Corner of the endzone and 7 rows back.
tex7.jpg

The guy selling beer had a hint of bitter beer face.
tex10.jpg

And this guy was just distubing. He has an incredibly built upper body with the face of a 60 year old biker. But below the waist it was all laughs.
http://videogamesmedia.com/gcn/looneytunes/tex11.jpg
Why would somebody wear something like that?

Great afternoon at Reliant Stadium. It's so relaxing to grab a hotdog and some Dr. Pepper and watch football.

olimario

Banned
My friend Brian had the tickets and he only had two.
I'm sure should would have come with had she had a ticket.

Pimpwerx

I hate the Texans...except Jabar Gaffney. But even he might have had a secret hand in the ruinage of the Fins season. Damn you Houston. :( PEACE.

Future Trunks

lemme tell you something son, this guy is SO FARKING HUGE HE'LL FLEX AND DESTROY THE SUN no shit
Lord, it's going to suck being in Texans country....(although, I wouldn't mind a jersey). Need...Bucs....exposure.....

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Sweet pics Oli...I hate you :( :(

olimario

Banned
Sorry Migs!
I was asked the night before if I wanted to go so I really didn't think to post.
I'll let you know the next time.

Miguel

Heh, I see that beer man every game. He's got something about him that makes him stand out among the other 38730873 beermen. Maybe it's the bitter beer face he's got going on. Also, his face is so recognizable, I see him working at Minute Maid Park too. I've seen him on numerous occasions at the Juicebox actually. Aramark just kinda sends people everywhere I assume.

I <3 U for posting pics of Marcus Bell. Did you see when he stripped that Miami TE of the ball in the Rookie scrimmages? That was awesome. Too bad there was no Domanick, Glenn, or Wong. A few others were missing too. They'll be back on Saturday though. Hopefully. LET'S GO TEXANS

From my layman's eye, those are some very nice pics. I especially love the color in the shots of the field and uniforms (and the huge zoom you lucky bastard): did you balance the colors before posting them?

olimario

Banned
reggieandTFE said:
From my layman's eye, those are some very nice pics. I especially love the color in the shots of the field and uniforms (and the huge zoom you lucky bastard): did you balance the colors before posting them?

I only did color balance on the Beer Vendor and the Stadium pics. The rest turned out the way they did.

Here are a couple more.

David Carr
carr.jpg

Interception
turnover.jpg

And a special one for migggggy
migbell.jpg

Miguel

Dskillz better take his camera next week. I want pics of EVERY TEXANS GAME. Oli, how much was your cam and whatever lens you have on it? Those are some nice close ups...unless you were on the field. Were you? :p

Miguel

Also, what section were you in Oli? I wonder if you passed by me and didn't even know. :p
How'd you like the stadium? Get lost like all the other first timers? And doesn't that Grass look like you could just run all day on it? Man...I love working at the stadium. Get to see so much stuff that would otherwise cost me an arm and a leg to see. :) Best of all I get paid to do them. :p Best PT job ever.

Miguel

Actually, from the looks of your pics, you were probably in section 139, 140, or 101.

If you were, and came in through Gallery Furniture (judging by your first stadium pic, it's the most likely entry point for you.)

You probably walked right past me. :( :p, Anyway. Yes I'm bored. I want my Texans to start kicking ass and taking names. I'll have my Texans Towel at every game. I'll wave it along with the fans. Fuck what those asses at SMG have to say. Our job is to keep fans safe...and help the guests enjoy themselves. I'm helping them enjoy themselves by helping to cheer on the Home team. :D

olimario

Banned
I loved the place. The field looked great, the stadium was incredible. I loved it.
I was in section 139, row G. Nice tickets, especially for free. My friend's boss has season tickets so I'll be going to the games he cant.

Miguel

Miguel said:
Actually, from the looks of your pics, you were probably in section 139, 140, or 101.

olimario said:
I was in section 139, row G. Nice tickets, especially for free. My friend's boss has season tickets so I'll be going to the games he cant.

WINNER

Mashing

Hmm, I have season tickets about 3 rows above that in section 439 (I think, I'll have to check my tickets when I get home)... it's right at the entrance/exit to the Gallery Furniture ramp.

LakeEarth

Awsome quality pics. Usually the pictures I take at sporting events are completely shit. Some of your pics are like professional good.

Miguel

Mashing said:
Hmm, I have season tickets about 3 rows above that in section 439 (I think, I'll have to check my tickets when I get home)... it's right at the entrance/exit to the Gallery Furniture ramp.

Suites?
100 = Field Level
200/400 = suites
300 = clubs (east and west sides)
300 = mid level (north and south)
500/600 = cheap seats
700 = CHEEEEEEEEEEEAP (but still expensive) seats
800 = Press Box (East) and Suites (West)

Mashing

Just checked my tickets. Section 539, row 1, seats 9-11.

Oh and I wouldn't call our tickets cheap. They are $52.50 a piece. That's not small scratch.

Miguel

Mashing said:
Just checked my tickets. Section 539, row 1, seats 9-11.

Oh and I wouldn't call our tickets cheap. They are $52.50 a piece. That's not small scratch.

:p
No seats are cheap...but you know what I mean.

3 season tix? :p

Anyway, you gonna be at the game Saturday? :D

Mashing

Yes... I'm not really big into pre season games but damn if I'm going to miss a game against Dallas... I really hate that team.

Miguel

Mashing said:
Yes... I'm not really big into pre season games but damn if I'm going to miss a game against Dallas... I really hate that team.

Awesome, I'll PM you my number. You can see MiG at work on Saturday. Depending on the crowd, you may get lucky. *cough cough wink wink*

BTW, on a completely unrelated note, I work on the 100 level.

Bowser

MiG! Why haven't you posted in the preseason thread? Your missing out on barrels of laughs like:

The Postons want Julian Peterson to get "Peyton Manning money" because he's the "quaterback of the defense."

Come on, what are you waiting for?

Miguel

Bowser said:
MiG! Why haven't you posted in the preseason thread? Your missing out on barrels of laughs like:

The Postons want Julian Peterson to get "Peyton Manning money" because he's the "quaterback of the defense."

Come on, what are you waiting for?

I'm waiting for Saturday. I'm trying to save myself til then. That way when I blow my load...It'll be all for the Texans...

That didn't come out right...

....neither did that.

:p

I missed the HoF game cause I was in line for Madden...so I haven't been caught up to actual football yet. Saturday though...saturday night, will be a magical night. Oh David, Domanick, and Andre.....uh...let's just stop this now.

Miguel

Anyone besides Dskillz and Mashing going to the game today? GO TEXANS! BEAT THE COBWEBS! VINNY, EDDIE, DARREN...time to for your happy pills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom