• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WEST DEV - DS TITLES - NOT HERE, DONT GET EXCITED

jdforge

Banned
Okay - So August 12th is the day that NOA will announce the games that will appear on Nintendo DS from Western Developers.

We already know that EA are onboard with Madden 2005, The Urbz and whatever else. What about the rest ?

Will RARE be at the party ?

Will Bungie announce HALO for DS ? (Remembering back to all the GBA - Halo rumors, it could be a possibility?)

What other titles do you think we can expect announced ? What would be most pleasing ? And what game (if any) would make you camp outside for 2 nights before release ?

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I know I shouldn't cross anything off the possibility list but I sincerely doubt that there will be a Halo DS or anything from Bungie to begin with. Rare MIGHT happen but I'm not entirely sure. They haven't exactly been pouring out the games for the GBA.

I would love to see Bits Studios bring out a sequel to Warlocked (was for the GBC and actually announced a sequel for the GBA but I'm sure that's dead by now) to the DS!

Perfect Dark would be a great game for multiplayer, not too sure about the control method until I hold a DS though. I'd really like to see a new Conker. Something similar to the Looney Tunes where Bugs is drawing all of Daffy's sceneswould be perfect , I think it's called Duck Amuck. If Conker gets stuck he could turn and ask you for a little help, maybe draw a ladder on the touchscreen and problem solved. That's a simple little thing but if done right then it could be brilliant fun.

GDGF

Soothsayer
What's the name of that sims like game where you play a super villan? Evil Genius or something like that? That game looks perfect for the NDS.

I'd imagine (and hope) that we'll see a good number of RTS games.

I'll also bet that someone is going to do a Marble Madness type clone :)

jarrod

Banned
Specific titles known so far...

ACTIVISION
-Spider-Man 2 (developed by Vicarious Visions)

ATARI
-Dragon Ball Z

ELECTRONIC ARTS
-Madden NFL 2005
-Need for Speed Underground
-Urbz: Sims in the City (developed by Griptonite Games)

KONAMI COMPUTER ENTERTAINMNET HAWAII
-Frogger 2005

MEZCO STUDIOS
-Cerulean Dreams
-Dark Reflections

PARAGON 5
-Trouballs

TELEGAMES
-Ultimate Games (developed by Cosmigo)

THQ
-SpongeBob SquarePants

UBI SOFT
-Rayman DS

GDGF

Soothsayer
A bunch id imagine. I'm actually looking forward to using that scheme. It seems like it would be more accurate once you get the hang of it. Your crosspad is your arrowkey set, and the touchscreen and stylus is your mouse and mousepad. Throw a weapon select type gui on the touchscreen too and you've got a nice setup.

Firest0rm

Society said:
I would not be suprised to Rise of Nations DS, Shadaowrun and Perfect Dark.

From Microsoft? I'd love RoN, but the only one from those that would make it is Perfect Dark because THQ is the publisher for Rare's handheld games.

aparisi2274

I definately can see NHL from EA as well. I mean if the system launches in Nov. thats prime hockey season, and you can use the 2nd screen for all sorts of coaching options, like on the fly line changes or substitutions. I can also see a Rayman game, possibly a Spryo or Crash.

Andy787

Banned
TekunoRobby said:
I would love to see Bits Studios bring out a sequel to Warlocked (was for the GBC and actually announced a sequel for the GBA but I'm sure that's dead by now) to the DS!
Here here!

king zell said:
Here here x2!

Firest0rm said:
From Microsoft? I'd love RoN, but the only one from those that would make it is Perfect Dark because THQ is the publisher for Rare's handheld games.
THQ has also published Microsoft games for the GBA (Monstertruck Madness, Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee).

Anyway, I would love to see improved ports of N64 Banjo Kazooie titles, Blast Corps, Perfect Dark, JFG, hell, I'd even buy a Killer Instinct. Would love to see a Starcraft or Warcraft, too. All of those are highly unlikely, but oh well :(

GDGF

Soothsayer
I figured since the announcement day is right around the corner, we should put in a few more last minute guesses :)

(bump)

jarrod

Banned
I wouldn't expect too much from the western DS announcement. Most likely it'll just be a mix of full franchise lineups from the big guys (EA, Activision, Atari, UbiSoft, Take 2, etc) and games picked up from small western handheld teams (Tantalus, Vicarious Visions, Pocketeers, Climax, Digital Eclipse, etc). I just don't see a company like Blizzard announcing anything for DS (or PSP for that matter) off the bat, most high profile western teams are currently busy on PC/Xenon stuff most likely.

GDGF

Soothsayer
I always thought the date was August 10th (tomorrow) because that's the date that was on the Japanese DS site. I can understand the 11th, though. Time warp and all that :)

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Lost Weekend said:
I always thought the date was August 10th (tomorrow) because that's the date that was on the Japanese DS site. I can understand the 11th, though. Time warp and all that :)

What did the japanese site say in relation to this date? Sorry, I'm a little out of the loop.

GDGF

Soothsayer
No problem :)

Babelfished for your pleasure...

The title list of the overseas software house August 10 always in the American Nintendo Co. home page publication schedule

(edit: actually Johntv says that the proper translation is around August 10th, so give or take a day)

Either way, it's coming soon. Hopefully there will be something noteworthy from the western developers. A high-profile Rare game would kick loads of arse.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
DrEvil said:
You know what I'd love?

Starcraft DS
(made a quick photoshop, improvised on the bottom screen menu...

Oh blizzard, I wish you would.

Dean?!? Where the hell have you been?

Shiggy

needlejuice said:
Okay - So August 12th is the day that NOA will announce the games that will appear on Nintendo DS from Western Developers.

We already know that EA are onboard with Madden 2005, The Urbz and whatever else. What about the rest ?

Will RARE be at the party ?

Will Bungie announce HALO for DS ? (Remembering back to all the GBA - Halo rumors, it could be a possibility?)

What other titles do you think we can expect announced ? What would be most pleasing ? And what game (if any) would make you camp outside for 2 nights before release ?

Nothig happened, what's going on?

akascream

Banned
A bunch id imagine. I'm actually looking forward to using that scheme. It seems like it would be more accurate once you get the hang of it. Your crosspad is your arrowkey set, and the touchscreen and stylus is your mouse and mousepad. Throw a weapon select type gui on the touchscreen too and you've got a nice setup.

Yeah, it would be funny if Metroid DS had better fps control than Prime eh? ;)

Seriously though.. I really do like the wasd/mouse dpad/stylus comparison.. I hope to get a couple fps with that scheme. Though I hope they don't do the tap to shoot thing like Metroid did at e3. 1) You should have to physically aim your gun to shoot at something, just tapping where you want the bullet to go is lame; and 2) Lifting the stylus to shoot would keep you from being able to continue controlling your guy. I think the 'L' button should be the trigger.

arter_2

oooooooooooooooooo
all the possibilities i hope western devs reall take advantage of what the ds has to offer.

Top Bottom