• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What about PAX ?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Unless I'm even dumber than usual I think PAX (Penny Arcade Expo) has already started about one day ago. How come there is not even one report on GAF about the games there ?
I know Halo 2 will only be shown today, but everything else should have playable starting yesterday.
Any info ?

Cherubae

My guy is up there this weekend. He says it's very small and there's thousands of people there. Apparently PA underestimated the turnout for their expo.

He was saying how he was playing on "Lan Works" but he kept getting kicked off the server. I have no clue what that is :p I just let him talk on the phone and pretended I understood :D

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Blinky said:
Don't 99% of people here hate Penny-Arcade though?

No, just a small minority of loud whiners who are so obsessed with Penny-Arcade that they feel the need to enter and post in every single thread about it. The majority probably don't care one way or the other.

Cherubae said:
My guy is up there this weekend. He says it's very small and there's thousands of people there. Apparently PA underestimated the turnout for their expo.

He was saying how he was playing on "Lan Works" but he kept getting kicked off the server. I have no clue what that is :p I just let him talk on the phone and pretended I understood :D
Lanwerks is a lan-gaming center near the expo.

I'm gonna head over and check out the Expo today - hopefully it won't be as nuts as your friend described.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I WISH I COULD GO. Of course me am Florida and PAX art Washington.

PAX sounds like one of the best fan-run gaming conventions around. Of course my knowledge of fan-run gaming conventions is highly limited but what they were planning on showing sounds top-notch.

Blinky

iapetus said:
No, just a small minority of loud whiners who are so obsessed with Penny-Arcade that they feel the need to enter and post in every single thread about it. The majority probably don't care one way or the other.

Ah...

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Banjo Tango said:
Lanwerks is a lan-gaming center near the expo.

I'm gonna head over and check out the Expo today - hopefully it won't be as nuts as your friend described.
Well if you or any other people do videos from the games there, feel free to ask me to host them. Any system is ok now :)

M3wThr33

Banned
It's Lanwerx. My friends went, I stayed here. It's pretty much down the street from me, but I lived in fear of the Halo 2 fans that would be coming just for that.

ChrisReid

The Halo 2 stuff was strictly ordered because so many people would want to jump on it. You had to get tickets in advance and that stuff was in a special room. The main exhibition room was pretty nice. Ghost Recon 2 is looking excellent.. while Splinter Cell 3 for the XBox was quite stuttery. Jade Empire looked good.. there was also Conkers and Forza on display. There was a lot of obviously reused E3 materials and signage (come see us in booth #1609!) for a few games, but that's cool that they held onto the stuff and were able to recycle it.

M3wThr33

Banned
If you are saying recycling is cool then you haven't been to E3 enough.
*cough*Square's theatre*cough*Nintendo giant logo*cough*

IntestineBoy

Sasquatch of 1000 (hairy) colons
pennyarcade.jpg

mosaic

go eat paint
Sometimes I enjoy the comic. Sometimes I don't.

But I'm not about to make fun of those guys, no matter how geeky they look, considering they make a lucrative living off of that comic and have the balls to do things like the Toy Drive and PAX.

Hell, if I got paid a lot to do something, I'd just sit on my ass drinking Slurpees and masturbating all day. More power to 'em.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I want to see pictures of the handsome masters of the internet who tease these dudes.

M3wThr33

Banned
Anyones else notice that he always seems to wear that Brunching Shuttlecocks shirt for EVERY photo shoot they end up in?

Dyne

M3wThr33 said:
Anyones else notice that he always seems to wear that Brunching Shuttlecocks shirt for EVERY photo shoot they end up in?

I have a shot of him with myself in a PAX shirt. So there, take that. :p

I was at PAX! It was only a 2 and a half hour drive.

To answer the question: We were all having too much fun at the convention to care about you. Sorry.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
BuddyChrist83 said:
That's not me, but damn if I didn't do a double take "what the hell am I doing there?"
You're that pudgy kid in the blue shirt on the left, AM I RITE AM I RITE LOLLERS?

Top Bottom