• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your favorite breakfast spots? (with pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are your favorite breakfast spots (chains and local places)? And what do you usally order?

As far as chains go, The Original Pancake House owns everyone else.
IHOP, Denny's and the like pale in comparison. I usually order the 2X4 (2 eggs any style with 4 buttermilk pancakes). They're famous for their Big Apple pancake (a single large pancake smothered with sautéed apples and cinnamon sugar and then baked, creating a rich cinnamon sugar glaze):

php_apple.jpg

The Elbow Room is my favorite local place in downtown Vancouver (560 Davie). I usually order one of their omlettes, with the Blackforest ham and cheese being one of my favorites. As you can see, they're known for their friendliness:

main_03.gif

7.jpg

In Chicago, I'd have to say Wishbone (1001 W. Washington Blvd.) is the winner for me. Great southern-style breakfasts, and with stuff you wouldn't normally see at a breakfast dive. Red Eggs are probably my favorite (Two eggs any style on corn tortillas covered with black beans, cheese, chili ancho sauce, scallions, sour cream and salsa).

w_dining1.jpg

Cooper

heavy liquid said:
What are your favorite breakfast spots (chains and local places)? And what do you usally order?

As far as chains go, The Original Pancake House owns everyone else.
IHOP, Denny's and the like pale in comparison. I usually order the 2X4 (2 eggs any style with 4 buttermilk pancakes). They're famous for their Big Apple pancake (a single large pancake smothered with sautéed apples and cinnamon sugar and then baked, creating a rich cinnamon sugar glaze)

mmm, Original Pancake House. We frequently go to our local one in Redondo Beach. In fact, we went just yesterday! I've been to OPH's in other cities too, and they're all excellent. Anyway, I guess I'd have to put them down as my favorite. :)

The Elbow Room is my favorite local place in downtown Vancouver (560 Davie). I usually order one of their omlettes, with the Blackforest ham and cheese being one of my favorites. As you can see, they're known for their friendliness:

main_03.gif

7.jpg

When I use to eat there, I'd leave little bit of left-overs on purpose so that I'd have to be punished and leave donations. ;)

way more

whlogo.gif

My brother was once eating at a wafflehouse when a cockroach crawled right off his plate. The waitress brushed it on the ground and begain stomping on it. She came back to his table like 5 minutes later and said, "Sorry, that was really gross."

My favorite breakfast
mcgriddle-thumb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom