• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Files Extension Does X-Box Read For Music?

BojTrek

Banned
OK... I want to transfer music to my X-Box and can do that with the actual "music" CD's... I have done this once in the past...

But, I want to create some voice tracks on my PC... basically saying my buddies suck at NFL2K5... or just being goofy and singing... whatever...

So, if I use my microphone and record the sounds on my PC, what type of file do I need to save to CDROM for X-Box to think it is a music track?

Any help would be appreciated... thanks...

----

Banned
If you're transferring the files to a modded Xbox or with the music mixer app then you do it in WMA.

If you're planning to make an audio cd (CD-RW) and rip the files to the Xbox from the dashboard, then you can record your voice in any audio format (wav, mp3, wma) you want and just make sure you select the option to make an audio cd from Nero or Roxio. Your cd burning software will then convert and burn whatever format you used into the standard redbook audio that a music cd uses.

BojTrek

Banned
It is an un-modded X-Box... yeah, I forgot to create a MUSIC transfer to CD, I created a DATA CD... that could have been my problem...

Cannot wait to try that...

Top Bottom