• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What games have you completed this year?

Valedix

Just wanting to know what games people have played this year, whether they came out this year or previously.

Personally I have only finished Jedi Survivor and am currently playing Astro Bot. Both great games.

MonkD

Platinum list so far:

Mortal Kombat 1
High on Life
Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection
Star Wars: Battlefront Classic Collection
Helldivers 2
Fallout 4
Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons Remake

Most of my playtime is probably from Fortnite though. And I do still play Mortal Kombat 1, Helldivers and Brawlhalla whenever there is new content released.

Valedix

Platinum list so far:

Mortal Kombat 1
High on Life
Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection
Star Wars: Battlefront Classic Collection
Helldivers 2
Fallout 4
Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons Remake

Most of my playtime is probably from Fortnite though. And I do still play Mortal Kombat 1, Helldivers and Brawlhalla whenever there is new content released.
How was the platinum difficulty for Helldivers 2?

hemo memo

Gold Member
A lot, honestly. I'm proud of myself. I'm working on my backlog in a way that isn't affecting my work and personal life. I believe I've already posted it in a thread. Let me check and I'll update it. But the highlight for me are:

- A Hat in Time
- Immortals Fenyx Rising
- Cocoon
- Lost in Random
- Hotline Miami 1 & 2
- Nier Replicant & Automata
- Tales of Arise
- The Last of Us Part II
- Dragon Quest XI S

Eimran

Metal Gear Solid 4 (played it on launch but went for the platinum this time)
Dante's Inferno
Dragon all Z Kakarot
Spiderman Edge of Time
Streets of Rage 4
Resident Evil 4 OG (again...)
GTA San Andreas (PS3)
Uncharted The most Legacy
BioShock
Disney collection: Aladdin & Lion King

Baldur's Gate 3
RE4 Remake
LOZ:Tears of the Kingdom
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (Remaster)
Metroid Prime Remaster
Black Myth Wukong

Right now playing LOZ: Echos of Wisdom

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
January
  • Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition - A+
  • Interaction Isn't Explicit - B-
  • Half Life 2 (The Orange Box) - A
  • Dead or Alive Xtreme Venus Vacation - in progress

February:
  • Granblue Fantasy: Relink - A-
  • INTERmission Yuffie DLC from FF7R - A

March:
  • Helldivers 2 - A-
  • Dragon's Dogma 2 - B+
  • Unicorn Overlord - A+

April:
  • Stellar Blade - A-
  • The Artful Escape B+

May:
  • Persona 3 Reload - In progress
  • Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden - In progress
  • Planet of Lana - B+
  • Diablo IV Season 4: Loot Reborn - A-

June:
  • Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance - A
  • Still Wakes The Deep - A-

July:
  • Zenless Zone Zero - A
  • The First Descendant - in progress

August:
  • OPUS: Echo of Starsong - Full Bloom Edition - A
  • A bunch more Zenless Zone Zero

September:

• More Zenless Zone Zero
  • Emio - The Smiling Man Famicom Detective Club - In progress
  • Astro Bot - In progress

MonkD

How was the platinum difficulty for Helldivers 2?

Easy. You'll probably get all but 1 without even trying for them.

The last one requires you to finish a mission very quickly, which may require some coordination with the people you're playing with. But it wasn't hard by any means. And you can do it solo, it's just a bit harder.

Helldivers is the best game I've played this year. And probably the best PS5 games I've played so far. I'll keep playing it for a long time. Go for the platinum!

Last edited:

Psychostar

January
  • Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition - A+
  • Interaction Isn't Explicit - B-
  • Half Life 2 (The Orange Box) - A
  • Dead or Alive Xtreme Venus Vacation - in progress

February:
  • Granblue Fantasy: Relink - A-
  • INTERmission Yuffie DLC from FF7R - A

March:
  • Helldivers 2 - A-
  • Dragon's Dogma 2 - B+
  • Unicorn Overlord - A+

April:
  • Stellar Blade - A-
  • The Artful Escape B+

May:
  • Persona 3 Reload - In progress
  • Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden - In progress
  • Planet of Lana - B+
  • Diablo IV Season 4: Loot Reborn - A-

June:
  • Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance - A
  • Still Wakes The Deep - A-

July:
  • Zenless Zone Zero - A
  • The First Descendant - in progress

August:
  • OPUS: Echo of Starsong - Full Bloom Edition - A
  • A bunch more Zenless Zone Zero

September:

• More Zenless Zone Zero
  • Emio - The Smiling Man Famicom Detective Club - In progress
  • Astro Bot - In progress
Love how you broke this down. I play way too many games but don't do a good job of keeping track myself. I think for next year I will give that a go and try jot them down somewhere :D

Psychostar

This year was a beefy one for me! A friend gifted me his SteamDeck, boosting my game time significantly. I played through a backlog of Steam, Epic and PS plus titles throughout the year in-between new titles. Here's my gracious wall of text with my personal ratings and opinions. I am sure I have probably missed a few games but this captures most.

Games I 100% completed and went for platinum:
Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth
(SSS tier. There are small things in this game that were annoying as hell, but despite that, I claimed my platinum. If this game doesn't win GOTY I will be surprised. As a fan of the FF7 universe as a whole I could not have asked for a more magnificent sequel.)
Black Myth: Wukong (SSS tier. What an amazing new IP. This game felt like a proper complete video game IP from the past in all the best ways. Visually epic, full of lore and deeply developed characters and narratives, rewarding exploration and combat challenges and never boring. Clearing chapters was rewarding. I loved the retrospect and video rewards provided on completion of chapters, and getting the platinum was fun although I disliked having to NG+ to obtain it as having done everything in its entirety on the first playthrough made for an unnecessary 2nd playthrough for me personally.)
Nier Automata (SSS tier. After having played through and obtained the true ending, this gets a pedestal in my mind palace for it's story alone. What's scary is that this game could easily be elevated beyond that as there were areas for improvement)
Lies of P (SS tier. This game was so good! It's the only Souls like I have played that felt like it could have been spawned by FromSoft themselves. OST was incredible. Bosses were fun. Mechanics were great. I totally slept on this game and I'm glad I got around to it!)
Prince of Persia: The lost crown (S tier. Honestly I loved this game and claimed my platinum. I would love a sequel. It scratched my hollow knight itch)
Stellar Blade (A tier - Great gameplay, decent story, visually stunning characters and enemy design but falls short due to some shit dialogue and boring characters. A sequel could easily elevate this game into S tier and I look forward to it)
Ghostrunner 2 (A tier. This was great fun and they really expanded upon the first game in a lot of ways. A true sequel, but honestly I still preferred the first one. I could not bring myself to do some of the content required for plat, unlike the first Ghostrunner)
Islets (B tier. I liked it. Decent and short metroidvania)
Cat Quest (B tier although I really enjoyed it to be honest)
Tales of Kenzaru Zau (B tier. I enjoyed the setting and learning about this culture and beliefs but from a gameplay perspective it doesn't compare to PoP:TLC. I got to a point where I was glad it was over)
Firewatch (B tier. Interesting enough but glad it was short as I was getting bored of it.)

Games I am playing currently:
Elden Ring
(SSS tier. I put it down as I couldn't decide if I should finish the main game and start the dlc, or start the dlc and then finish the game? Help. I don't know how to proceed xD )
Hades 2 (SS tier. Did everything I could and waiting for more content)
Warhammer 40k: Space Marine 2 (A tier - It looks and plays great. All modes are fun and I am playing the PVP most. It feels repetitive however. We need more PVE content.)
Another Crab's Treasure (A tier. What a lovely game! Hidden Gem here.)
Overwatch 2 (B tier. This used to be a SSS tier for me during it's prime. I still play it on and off. More off lately. I have stopped enjoying it but nothing else fills it's void yet.)
No rest for the Wicked (A tier. This could easily become an S tier once version 1.0 is released and we essentially have a full campaign? Currently the amount of content available is dismal when compared to other Early Access titles I have played.

Games I enjoyed but have not completed:
Baldur's Gate 3 ( SSS tier. This game is a masterpiece but I can't get myself to play through all of it it. I'm a completionist and there's too much to do. I feel like I need to take 2 weeks off work and break up with my girlfriend and also confirm that the stars have all aligned so that I can pour my dedicated self into it wholeheartedly.)
F.I.S.T
( Great metroidvania. I will get back to it)
Death's Gambit ( Another great metroidvania. I ruined my run toward the end of the game as I was not aware that clearing the heroic version of boss fights early was a bad idea if shooting for the 'true ending' and don't currently feel like restarting it just yet.
Nobody saves the world ( This was fun but I got bored eventually.)
Outward ( A tier, Hidden gem. Wow. Was playing this with a friend but we went separate ways. I will never get around to finishing it on my own.)
Remnant 2 ( A tier. Loved the game. Same reason as above. The friend is out of the picture so I will likely not return to complete the game.)

Classics I revisited:
Tomba!
( I was going to grab the remaster if I could grab a collector's edition but had no luck. In the end what they released was disappointing so I just emulated it. This game has a special place in my heart as I self-taught myself how to read as a child playing it)
Tomba 2 ( Can't play through the first without the second. Both are amazing childhood classics!)

Couch Co-op stuff I played with friends:
DragonBall FighterZ
( Love this game. It's the first fighting game that I invested in dlc characters for)
Streets of rage 4 ( Fun for a bit)
Ready Set Heroes ( was fun for a bit)
The Ascent ( Didn't really like it)
Multiversus ( Fun for a bit but doesn't compare to Smash bros </3)

Games I tried but couldn't get into / lost interest:
Dave the Diver
(Fun but repetitive)
Nier Replicant (Nier Automata is on a permanent pedestal, but this prequal just didn't do it for me. I watched a youtube summary and moved on.)
Rain World ( I thought I would love this game but couldn't get into it)
The Finals (I see the appeal but it's not for me)
As Dusk Falls ( I dislike the accents in the game. Not a fan of American westerns personally and got bored quickly as a result. Sorry to anyone who shares this accent IRL. No offence!)
Sable ( I like games like this but haven't felt like playing through it yet)
Inscryption ( I liked it but I am not crazy about deck builders)
Laika: Aged through blood ( This looked like a cool metroidvania and it had some cool elements but in the end I don't feel like I will return to finish it)
Planet of Lana ( I liked what I played. It's a lovely game! I got bored at some point and didn't finish it however.)

Games I want next but can't afford yet:
AstroBot
DragonBall: Sparking Zero

Last edited:

Psychostar

This year was a beefy one for me! A friend gifted me his SteamDeck, boosting my game time significantly. I played through a backlog of Steam, Epic and PS plus titles throughout the year in-between new titles. Here's my gracious wall of text with my personal ratings and opinions. I am sure I have probably missed a few games but this captures most.

Games I 100% completed and went for platinum:
Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth
(SSS tier. There are small things in this game that were annoying as hell, but despite that, I claimed my platinum. If this game doesn't win GOTY I will be surprised. As a fan of the FF7 universe as a whole I could not have asked for a more magnificent sequel.)
Black Myth: Wukong (SSS tier. What an amazing new IP. This game felt like a proper complete video game IP from the past in all the best ways. Visually epic, full of lore and deeply developed characters and narratives, rewarding exploration and combat challenges and never boring. Clearing chapters was rewarding. I loved the retrospect and video rewards provided on completion of chapters, and getting the platinum was fun although I disliked having to NG+ to obtain it as having done everything in its entirety on the first playthrough made for an unnecessary 2nd playthrough for me personally.)
Nier Automata (SSS tier. After having played through and obtained the true ending, this gets a pedestal in my mind palace for it's story alone. What's scary is that this game could easily be elevated beyond that as there were areas for improvement)
Lies of P (SS tier. This game was so good! It's the only Souls like I have played that felt like it could have been spawned by FromSoft themselves. OST was incredible. Bosses were fun. Mechanics were great. I totally slept on this game and I'm glad I got around to it!)
Prince of Persia: The lost crown (S tier. Honestly I loved this game and claimed my platinum. I would love a sequel. It scratched my hollow knight itch)
Stellar Blade (A tier - Great gameplay, decent story, visually stunning characters and enemy design but falls short due to some shit dialogue and boring characters. A sequel could easily elevate this game into S tier and I look forward to it)
Ghostrunner 2 (A tier. This was great fun and they really expanded upon the first game in a lot of ways. A true sequel, but honestly I still preferred the first one. I could not bring myself to do some of the content required for plat, unlike the first Ghostrunner)
Islets (B tier. I liked it. Decent and short metroidvania)
Cat Quest (B tier although I really enjoyed it to be honest)
Tales of Kenzaru Zau (B tier. I enjoyed the setting and learning about this culture and beliefs but from a gameplay perspective it doesn't compare to PoP:TLC. I got to a point where I was glad it was over)
Firewatch (B tier. Interesting enough but glad it was short as I was getting bored of it.)

Games I am playing currently:
Elden Ring
(SSS tier. I put it down as I couldn't decide if I should finish the main game and start the dlc, or start the dlc and then finish the game? Help. I don't know how to proceed xD )
Hades 2 (SS tier. Did everything I could and waiting for more content)
Warhammer 40k: Space Marine 2 (A tier - It looks and plays great. All modes are fun and I am playing the PVP most. It feels repetitive however. We need more PVE content.)
Another Crab's Treasure (A tier. What a lovely game! Hidden Gem here.)
Overwatch 2 (B tier. This used to be a SSS tier for me during it's prime. I still play it on and off. More off lately. I have stopped enjoying it but nothing else fills it's void yet.)
No rest for the Wicked (A tier. This could easily become an S tier once version 1.0 is released and we essentially have a full campaign? Currently the amount of content available is dismal when compared to other Early Access titles I have played.

Games I enjoyed but have not completed:
Baldur's Gate 3 ( SSS tier. This game is a masterpiece but I can't get myself to play through all of it it. I'm a completionist and there's too much to do. I feel like I need to take 2 weeks off work and break up with my girlfriend and also confirm that the stars have all aligned so that I can pour my dedicated self into it wholeheartedly.)
F.I.S.T
( Great metroidvania. I will get back to it)
Death's Gambit ( Another great metroidvania. I ruined my run toward the end of the game as I was not aware that clearing the heroic version of boss fights early was a bad idea if shooting for the 'true ending' and don't currently feel like restarting it just yet.
Nobody saves the world ( This was fun but I got bored eventually.)
Outward ( A tier, Hidden gem. Wow. Was playing this with a friend but we went separate ways. I will never get around to finishing it on my own.)
Remnant 2 ( A tier. Loved the game. Same reason as above. The friend is out of the picture so I will likely not return to complete the game.)

Classics I revisited:
Tomba!
( I was going to grab the remaster if I could grab a collector's edition but had no luck. In the end what they released was disappointing so I just emulated it. This game has a special place in my heart as I self-taught myself how to read as a child playing it)
Tomba 2 ( Can't play through the first without the second. Both are amazing childhood classics!)

Couch Co-op stuff I played with friends:
DragonBall FighterZ
( Love this game. It's the first fighting game that I invested in dlc characters for)
Streets of rage 4 ( Fun for a bit)
Ready Set Heroes ( was fun for a bit)
The Ascent ( Didn't really like it)
Multiversus ( Fun for a bit but doesn't compare to Smash bros </3)

Games I tried but couldn't get into / lost interest:
Dave the Diver
(Fun but repetitive)
Nier Replicant (Nier Automata is on a permanent pedestal, but this prequal just didn't do it for me. I watched a youtube summary and moved on.)
Rain World ( I thought I would love this game but couldn't get into it)
The Finals (I see the appeal but it's not for me)
As Dusk Falls ( I dislike the accents in the game. Not a fan of American westerns personally and got bored quickly as a result. Sorry to anyone who shares this accent IRL. No offence!)
Sable ( I like games like this but haven't felt like playing through it yet)
Inscryption ( I liked it but I am not crazy about deck builders)
Laika: Aged through blood ( This looked like a cool metroidvania and it had some cool elements but in the end I don't feel like I will return to finish it)
Planet of Lana ( I liked what I played. It's a lovely game! I got bored at some point and didn't finish it however.)

Games I want next but can't afford yet:
AstroBot
DragonBall: Sparking Zero
As a sidenote, if there's anyone here offering a remote work job reviewing video games - I'm all for it. I'm aware of my obsession. :p

Mr Hyde

So far, I've completed 26 games. Mostly old games because that's what peaks my interest these days.

1. Battletoads
2. Super Mario Wonder
3. Super Castlevania 4
4. The adventures of Lomax
5. Metroid Zero Mission
6. Forspoken
7. Aladdin
8. Dead Space 2
9. Resident Evil Village
10. Ghostbusters the video game
11. Star Ocean Second story R
12. The Ascent
13. Alone in the Dark: New Nightmare
14. Shadow of the Tomb Raider
15. Journey to the Savage planet
16. Sly 2: Band of Thieves
17. Resident Evil 2 1998 Leon
18. Resident Evil 2 remake Leon
19. Pocky and Rocky Reshrined
20. Resident Evil Zero
21. Infamous Festival of Blood
22. Kena: Bridge of Spirits
23. Super Mario Bros 2
24. Spec Ops the Line
25. Dark Souls 2: Seeker of Fire
26. Silent Hill Downpour

I'm also soon finished with Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth, Tears of the Kingdom and Chrono Trigger. Before the end of the year, I expect to beat Astro Bot, Alone in the Dark and hopefully Stellar Blade.

Psychostar

So far, I've completed 26 games. Mostly old games because that's what peaks my interest these days.

1. Battletoads
2. Super Mario Wonder
3. Super Castlevania 4
5. Metroid Zero Mission
6. Forspoken
7. Aladdin
8. Dead Space 2
9. Resident Evil Village
12. The Ascent
20. Resident Evil Zero
23. Super Mario Bros 2
24. Spec Ops the Line
26. Silent Hill Downpour

I'm also soon finished with Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth, Tears of the Kingdom and Chrono Trigger. Before the end of the year, I expect to beat Astro Bot, Alone in the Dark and hopefully Stellar Blade.
Nice! I need to get some emulators set up as I've been meaning to go back and play through a few oldies. I was never into horror/thriller games so totally skipped Resident evil, alone in the dark etc. How did you find them going into them today?

Looking at your list, I'm reminded that I need to add the 'Sly' games to my playlist. I missed out on those. I loved Kena: Bridge of spirits and hope we get a sequel :)
I never played dark souls 2. I need to get around to that as have played literally every other FromSoft. I don't even know why I skipped 2. I must have just had other games at the time lined up.
When going for my retro tour I need to cross off the MGS series too lol. Never played any of them and that needs fixing, as well as Resident Evil as a franchise ( have only played one game in the series).
Looking at your list, I'm remembering that I played the the Dead space games this year too xD. I particularly enjoyed the multiplayer!! Got my youngest brother to play through with me.

Sea of Stars is another game on my list that I forgot to mention. It was nice but I didn't get around to completing it. Stopped shortly after obtaining the new island after a bit of ship exploration

Psychostar

I've never played Chrono Trigger, but I have LARP'd to it as a child. A friend would come over and we would play with sticks and makeshift shields on the roof these adventures that were inspired by the game's story beats, hahaha. He was avidly in love with the game, just totally captivated and it was all he talked about. I really need to put that on the SteamDeck and play it for real.

Psychostar

1. Battletoads
2. Super Mario Wonder
3. Super Castlevania 4
5. Metroid Zero Mission
6. Forspoken
7. Aladdin
8. Dead Space 2
9. Resident Evil Village
12. The Ascent
20. Resident Evil Zero
23. Super Mario Bros 2
24. Spec Ops the Line
26. Silent Hill Downpour

I've never played Chrono Trigger, but I have LARP'd to it as a child. A friend would come over and we would play with sticks and makeshift shields on the roof these adventures that were inspired by the game's story beats, hahaha. He was avidly in love with the game, just totally captivated and it was all he talked about. I really need to put that on the SteamDeck and play it for real.

Duchess

The Mobius Machine
Armored Core 6
Deathloop
FF7 Rebirth
The Pathless (Platinum)
Dredge (Platinum)
Spider-Man 2 (Platinum)
Warhammer - Chaosbane
Dead Island 2
Kena: Bridge of Spirit (Platinum <-- exploited a glitch to finish on the toughest difficulty)

Rickyiez

None lol. I feel like I don't finish games anymore. Started Diablo 4, Callisto Protocol, Dragon Dogma 2,Doom Eternal and finished none of them, not even half way

Psychostar

None lol. I feel like I don't finish games anymore. Started Diablo 4, Callisto Protocol, Dragon Dogma 2,Doom Eternal and finished none of them, not even half way
I bought Diablo 4 but was unavailable when my friends were playing it ( We bought it to play together through the campaign) . I don't know if I would enjoy playing it solo. How was your experience?

swaffles23

Wolfenstein The New Order (platinum)
FFVII Remake Intergrade
Metal Gear Solid
Oddworld Abe's Oddysee
Oddworld Abe's Exoddus (platinum)
Resident Evil 2
Mass Effect
Fallout New Vegas
Crysis Remastered (platinum)
Stellar Blade
Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order (platinum)
Borderlands
Oddworld Abe's Exoddus (platinum)
Super Mario Bros Wonder
Fallout 3 (platinum)
Astro Bot (Platinum)
Final Fantasy XIII

Mr Hyde

Nice! I need to get some emulators set up as I've been meaning to go back and play through a few oldies. I was never into horror/thriller games so totally skipped Resident evil, alone in the dark etc. How did you find them going into them today?

The classic Resident Evil games still holds up to this day imo, if you can get used to the tank controls and the backtracking. I love all things RE so I regularly play through them. Recently bought the bundle on GOG with RE 1-3 which brings a lot of neat things to the table, for example the uncensored intro for RE1, which is a first here in my region.

Alone in the Dark is inferior to RE imo. I played New Nightmare, and while it is a decent horror adventure I find it lacking in suspense and enemy variety, while the level design is not nearly as good as Resident Evil. But the story is cool and Edward Carnby has a lot of cool looking weapons in his arsenal, so I'd give it a shot if you're a fan of the genre.

FF7 Rebirth
Plucky Squire
Arranger: A role puzzling adventure
Lucy Dreaming
The Will of Arthur Flabbington
Doom + Doom 2
Astrobot
Sekiro (had played it many times but never beat the final boss before)
Mario RPG Remake
Super Mario Bros. Wonder

Fbh

Looking at my trophies:

Hogwarts Legacy - 7/10
Strangers of Paradise - 7/10
A Plague Tale Requiem - 7/10
God of War Ragnarok - 8/10
Star Wars Jedi Survivor - 7/10
Evil West - 6/10
Unicorn Overlord - 8/10
RE4: Remake - 8.5/10
Hi Fi Rush - 8/10
Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree - 9/10
Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - 8/10
Monster Hunter World Base game - 7/10 (we are now playing through the DLC)

Might have played something else on Switch that I'm missing but I don't have it on me to check.

Psychostar

FF7 Rebirth
Plucky Squire
Arranger: A role puzzling adventure
Lucy Dreaming
The Will of Arthur Flabbington
Doom + Doom 2
Astrobot
Sekiro (had played it many times but never beat the final boss before)
Mario RPG Remake
Super Mario Bros. Wonder
So Sekiro...did you beat the final boss this time? :p This post hit me on a personal level as I have played Sekiro through it's entirety 3 times now, and still haven't "completed" the damn game. There has never been a boss in a souls game that I couldn't bang my head against one way or another and overcome, but Demon of Hatred? I don't know what's wrong with me but I simply can't beat that last optional boss. That flaming heap of shit! He just doesn't belong in the game. His moveset is like nothing else we encounter throughout the game and it just doesn't feel fair. With every possible obtainable upgrade at my arsenal, I can't get the guy past (phase 2) 35% hp remaining mark I can take on the final boss like a pro but put me up against Demon of hatred and it's like I am picking up the controller for the first time.

I plan to replay the game again soon to hopefully teach that jerk a lesson this time around.

Last edited:
So Sekiro...did you beat the final boss this time? :p This post hit me on a personal level as I have played Sekiro through it's entirety 3 times now, and still haven't "completed" the damn game. There has never been a boss in a souls game that I couldn't bang my head against one way or another and overcome, but Demon of Hatred? I don't know what's wrong with me but I simply can't beat that last optional boss. That flaming heap of shit! He just doesn't belong in the game. His moveset is like nothing else we encounter throughout the game and it just doesn't feel fair. With every possible obtainable upgrade at my arsenal, I can't get the guy past (phase 2) 35% hp remaining mark I can take on the final boss like a pro but put me up against Demon of hatred and it's like I am picking up the controller for the first time.

I plan to replay the game again soon to hopefully teach that jerk a lesson this time around.
I beat the shit out of him!

ahtlas7

Visions of Mana (in progress)
Wukong
Hell Divers 2 (many hours played)
Space Marine 1
Palworld (all content available)
Dead Island 2
City Skylines 2 (many of hours played)

Last edited:

Psychostar

Looking at my trophies:

Hogwarts Legacy - 7/10
Strangers of Paradise - 7/10
A Plague Tale Requiem - 7/10
God of War Ragnarok - 8/10
Star Wars Jedi Survivor - 7/10
Evil West - 6/10
Unicorn Overlord - 8/10
RE4: Remake - 8.5/10
Hi Fi Rush - 8/10
Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree - 9/10
Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - 8/10
Monster Hunter World Base game - 7/10 (we are now playing through the DLC)

Might have played something else on Switch that I'm missing but I don't have it on me to check.
Wow, I loved all those games. Seems you had a killer year!

I need to play hifi rush. Was meaning to get around to it for a while now.

teokrazia

Completed:
Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown
Dragon's Dogma 2
Mullet Mad Jack
Hellblade 2
Alan Wake 2: Night Springs
Ghost of Tsushima
On my way to beat Black Myth: Wukong (I'm approaching the last section of the game + some extras)

+ countless hours on SF6 and MWIII
+ I have to come back to Anger Foot, Amnesia: The Bunker and Shadow of the Erdtree, while I quitted Horizon: Forbidden West, Lies of P, Banishers: Ghost of New Eden and Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time without any intention to play them again

Last edited:
A Little to the Left (Xbox Game Pass)
Brotato (Xbox Game Pass)
Astro's Playroom (PS5)
Donkey Kong Country (SNES)
Dragon Quest 1 (3DS)

I've started so many AAA games this year and I just get bored.

Rickyiez

I bought Diablo 4 but was unavailable when my friends were playing it ( We bought it to play together through the campaign) . I don't know if I would enjoy playing it solo. How was your experience?
Being a huge fans of Diablo 2 and finished D3 as well, I think D4 has a better campaign than D3. At least it's grittier and darker which I like, so far so good, but maybe I'm just old and doesn't have much gaming time nowadays

diffusionx

Gold Member
Didn't we have this thread?

1. Jedi Survivor - it was ok, but should have been much better, 6/10
2. SpongeBob Cosmic Shake - awful, 3/10, feel betrayed by people w no said it was a proper sequel to the BFBB remake (which I got all the cheevos in and really liked).
3. GOW Ragnarok - I really liked this game, but the story just took a total shit into marvel garbage at the end, and totally ruined it for me. I just think about it and cringe. 7/10
4. Sekiro - maybe the best action game ever, unbelievable combat, perfect sense of pacing, great story, my ONLY complaint would be a few dodgy levels, 11/10
5. Castlevania Advance Collection - I don't think these games have held up over the years. As handheld CVs in the early 00s, I am sure they were amazing. But like a 6/10, maybe.
6. Prince of Persia Lost Crown - I really liked it, but one of the trophies was bugged so 1/10
7. Spiderman Miles Morales - More like SpiDEIrman, amirite? The game is woke as hell but I do like how they improved upon the mechanics of 2018. I'm ready to play 2 on PS5 Pro (which is probably even more woke).

Top Bottom