• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What games should I add to my Sega Genesis?

Here's my collection so far:

Sonic 1, 2, and 3
Street Fighter 2
Samurai Showdown
Mortal Kombat 2
Primal Rage
Dr Robotnik Puyo Puyo
Ecco the Dolphin
Revolution X

I plan to add the Vectorman games.

Growing up, the Genesis was probably my least favorite system, it just felt wrong compared to everything else especially the SNES. I really liked Sonic though, those were some really good games despite the Mario games being much deeper.

Now that I am older I am starting to appreciate the Genesis and I really like the design of the Genesis model 2. It's design is quite Nice.

Anyway post some recommendations, are there any RPGs or games similar to Megaman?

daydream

Banned
A mod should move this out of the Community forum.

To answer your questions:

RPGs on the Genesis? I'm not the expert, but the Phantasy Star series and Shining series are certainly good places to start. Then there's one-offs like Story of Thor, Landstalker, Soleil. Those are more action-oriented, though.

Similar to Mega Man? Boy, well, you mentioned Vectorman. There's Mega Turrican, kinda fits the bill. Contra: Hard Corps is a good one. E-SWAT, maybe.

Some of my favourites are Dynamite Headdy, the Streets of Rage games, Alien Soldier, Ristar, Bonanza Bros., Gunstar Heroes, Toejam & Earl games. Too many to list, really.

Top Bottom