• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What if - Half Life 2

What if:

1- I bought the game
2- downloaded it on my PC
3- downloaded it let say on my friend's PC

can he play the single player campaign ?

Mrbob

almokla said:
What if:

1- I bought the game
2- downloaded it on my PC
3- downloaded it let say on my friend's PC

can he play the single player campaign ?

Only if he is logged into your Steam account. Which means you both can't play at the same time. Although I'm not certain but after you buy a Half Life 2 package over Steam I don't think Valve limits the download to one computer.

no, because once you install, it will require to connect to the server via steam to register your cd key to you via steam. or have him register with your e-mail address.

what if he loggs in at the times I dont ?

would that be doable ?

actually I dont think he even wanna play the game, but I wanna install it on his PC cuz its soo powerfull, and I wanna play it there when go to his house ..

Burger

almokla said:
what if he loggs in at the times I dont ?

would that be doable ?

actually I dont think he even wanna play the game, but I wanna install it on his PC cuz its soo powerfull, and I wanna play it there when go to his house ..

Thats the whole intention of Steam. Your username and password holds your games, not your computer.

Install it on his PC, and your username will let you play it. I wouldn't go handing this out however.

Top Bottom