• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the best DC VGA Box?

The sound in the one I have is terrible. Does Radio Shack or wherever carry monitor switchers so I can go between the DC and my PC?

I think they're all pretty much the same - since it's just a converter, vga is generated from the DC. Let me try to find the one I have, sounds good as it looks.

Edit: Just took a look at it, it's got NO labels and I can't find it on the web. It's a generic one I bought at the same time at the release of the import Jet Set Radio - I bought them at the same time so I could play it at work :) It's probably not around anymore - but it's all black, and it doesn't have one of those huge boxes (just a tiny one).. I'll keep looking.

dcvgacable.jpg

Found the image at Jandaman, sold out there though. I recommend it if you can find one.

aerofx

Wow a coincidence. I'm selling mine on Ebay and I believe it's one of the better ones. It's the interact performace VGA adapter that has a passthrough port.

[shameless plug]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=8128150964&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT[/shameless plug]

john2kx

i love how you spelled "performace" wrong.. maybe now i'll finally be able to get it at a decent price.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I think the Interact VGA adapter is the best one, if you can find it. It has a pass through thingy so that you can connect your Dreamcast and PC monitor to the device, allowing you to switch between the two. No need to replug the monitor every time

edit: Yeah, the one that aerofx is selling...

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Mine LOOKS just like the Blaze one, but was released by another company. It looks perfect, but the sound quality is shit.

XS+

Banned
Johnny Konami said:
dcvgacable.jpg

Found the image at Jandaman, sold out there though. I recommend it if you can find one.
That looks exactly like the adapter I own. My adapter only outputs mono audio, thus I don't recommend it.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I have the same adapter and I dont notice anything about the sound. Played Rez so many times with that thing with headphones too

XS+ said:
That looks exactly like the adapter I own. My adapter only outputs mono audio, thus I don't recommend it.

Mine does stereo - in your case, double check the cable you are using - that it has 2 bands instead of one:

stereo plug:
hStereoMiniPlug.jpeg

mono plug:
hMonoMiniPlug.jpeg

Not sure if that's your issue, but like I said, mine works fine to output stereo.

aerofx

john2kx said:
i love how you spelled "performace" wrong.. maybe now i'll finally be able to get it at a decent price.

Meh who cares. I noticed that I typed it wrong but what kind of anal probing bastards check their spelling on forums anyway? Certainly not me. And yes, I know how to spell "performance."

Anyway, whoever is looking to buy it probably can score one for about 20 dollars on Ebay.

XS+

Banned
Johnny Konami said:
Mine does stereo - in your case, double check the cable you are using - that it has 2 bands instead of one:

stereo plug:
hStereoMiniPlug.jpeg

mono plug:
hMonoMiniPlug.jpeg

Not sure if that's your issue, but like I said, mine works fine to output stereo.
The audio cable I'm using has two bands, my adapter just sucks I guess :\

Dave Long

Banned
Jagernaut said:
I have the Blaze VGA box, and i've never had any problems with it.

The sound is garbage from the Blaze, but the picture quality is fine. Since I have two VGA inputs on my monitor and run the sound through my PC, it's not too bad, but the sound can sound awful depending how you get the sound out of the box.

Neo_ZX

A long time ago I bought this auto-switching box from levelsix.com and it was fabulous. They ran out and were never in stock again :(

Top Bottom