• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the biggest memroy card for GameCube available?

shpankey

not an idiot
My daughter keeps going through memory cards like candy, and she just got the Sims game which can't even fit on an empty card.

What is the biggest card out there?

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
the new white one from nintendo.

There might be larger third party ones though.

SA-X

Damn, 1019 blocks?!? I have a memory card 251 and I never run out of space with that. 1019 just seems unnecessary, unless you have a TON of sports seasons saved on it that you refuse to delete.

DCX

DCX
SA-X said:
Damn, 1019 blocks?!? I have a memory card 251 and I never run out of space with that. 1019 just seems unnecessary, unless you have a TON of sports seasons saved on it that you refuse to delete.
Not enough sports games on cube to even do that!

DCX

jedimike

SA-X said:

Christ... I play my GC less than anyone here and I ran out of room on my 251. Not even sports...

Deg

Banned
I had 40+ games on my 251 when it got full. I then brought the 16x Datel. Which is my top rated memory card right now because it offers increased speed when it comes to saving :) Does anyone know if Nintenbdo's version offers faster saving?

Datel do a 2038 block card. They also do a 1019 block USB memory card. I have tried niether card but i may do one day.
I think there were bigger cards of both types sold in Japan.

SA-X said:

The 1019 is 5 dollars more than the 251. Why not buy it instead of the 251?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
SA-X said:

It's not just sports so much as it is EA games that tend to fill up memory cards. :)

Deg

Banned
get the datel you get mcuh quicker save speeds on EA games. I dont know how fast the offical 1019 is.,

shpankey

not an idiot
We already bought the Nintendo 1019 white card, works great and to be honest, save speed is not a big deal to us. It saves really fast aleady.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Justin Bailey said:
There ain't no way you ran out of memory on a 251 with those games.

he forgot to mention his chao addiction.

SA-X

Littleberu said:
The 1019 is 5 dollars more than the 251. Why not buy it instead of the 251?
Well they didn't have the 1019 when I bought the 251. But yeah I suppose for only 5 extra bucks its worth it.

DCX

DCX
SA-X said:
Well they didn't have the 1019 when I bought the 251. But yeah I suppose for only 5 extra bucks its worth it.
Mo' Money, Mo' Money...whoever came up with the idea for memory cards is a genious!!! Which is why i love my XBOX :)

DCX

Deg

Banned
DCX said:
Mo' Money, Mo' Money...whoever came up with the idea for memory cards is a genious!!! Which is why i love my XBOX :)

DCX

You pay for the HDD with the console. So you still pay.

DCX

DCX
Not really becuase it's a one time fee and when compared to PS2, which is the same price, i'm getting a better deal minus the memory card costs.

DCX

jedimike

Justin Bailey said:
There ain't no way you ran out of memory on a 251 with those games.

There's probably some rentals and trade-ins that need deleted, but the point is my card is full and it didn't take much. However, it might be a 59... it was whatever was available when the GC first came out.

Justin Bailey

------ ------
Yeah, but they should've released it earlier, I ended up buying 2 251's ($40.00) when I should've been able to pay $30.00 for a 1029. It's the same size as a 8 MB sony card, right?

Deg

Banned
DCX said:
Not really becuase it's a one time fee and when compared to PS2, which is the same price, i'm getting a better deal minus the memory card costs.

DCX

Get the 1019 or the 2038(Datel) and it'll be a one time fee too unless you buy 200 games or something :p I know its overkill for some people tho so get whatever card suits you. There are even USB cards now you can use to get files off the internet or ismply put them on the pc.

Justin Bailey said:
Yeah, but they should've released it earlier, I ended up buying 2 251's ($40.00) when I should've been able to pay $30.00 for a 1029. It's the same size as a 8 MB sony card, right?

Fool. Should have brought the Datel.

I'm thinking about getting the 2038 to see if its any faster.

The 1019 is $30? They charge $35 at the Gamestopo I work at. I hate it when they do that, especially for 1st-party GBA titles.

Justin Bailey

------ ------
Deg said:
Fool. Should have brought the Datel.

I'm thinking about getting the 2038 to see if its any faster.
Screw that, I'm not gonna risk losing save files of 30+ games because of some third party shitcard.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I've had an unofficialy 1019 one since it came out for the Cube, probably close to two years ago. I just bought the white one from Nintendo today. (Down to about 250 blocks remaining on my first one.)

Top Bottom