• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Monsters from old world you want to see in Wilds?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
We already have confirmation of Congalala thanks the armour set we saw in Dual Blades weapon video.
Ye7EZ7F.png
77ARPts.png
Z5XgGMh.png

So what other monster from old world you want to see that never appeared in World and Rise?

For me...
Malfestio
zAZgPD0.png

Zamtrios
1*VXBuq8oNOkfrLugaNmGAjA.png

Dah'ren Mohran
c7RhGJm.png

Last edited:

Gojiira

We already have confirmation of Congalala thanks the armour set we saw in Dual Blades weapon video.
Ye7EZ7F.png
77ARPts.png
Z5XgGMh.png

So what other monster from old world you want to see that never appeared in World and Rise?

For me...
Malfestio
zAZgPD0.png

Zamtrios

Dah'ren Mohran
c7RhGJm.png
Dah’ren sure though I think I would prefer Jhen.
Malfestio if he has a significant rework and same for Zamtrios

Personally want Deviljho, Monoblos, Kut Ku, Basarios/Gravios, Lao Shan Lung and the BIG one Lagiacrus…Tbf I think Lagi is guaranteed, the rest they have a good opportunity to make them memorable.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Came to post Malfestio, OP beat me to it.

Brachydios and Seregios are amongsr my favs, so seeing those return would be cool.

Danjin44

vaal hazak
velkhana
nergigante
I was mostly asking for monsters in old world.
Dah’ren sure though I think I would prefer Jhen.
Malfestio if he has a significant rework and same for Zamtrios

Personally want Deviljho, Monoblos, Kut Ku, Basarios/Gravios, Lao Shan Lung and the BIG one Lagiacrus…Tbf I think Lagi is guaranteed, the rest they have a good opportunity to make them memorable.
For sure but I REALLY like his design and I really want to see him in new visuals.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
I mostly only played the PSP titles, but:
Monoblos
Basarios
Gravios
Shogun Ceanataur
Chameleos

Of course would love to see many monsters from World return.

Last edited:

Danjin44

I don’t mind see bring back some from Monster Hunter Online like this guy.
vgy3aqdcvnv71.png

Last edited:

ARK1391

Lagi, they said issues with the skeleton during worlds development kept the Leviathan's out. I'm hoping that has been fixed and Lagi can return.

Danjin44

Lagi, they said issues with the skeleton during worlds development kept the Leviathan's out. I'm hoping that has been fixed and Lagi can return.
The thing is we had multiple Leviathan class monsters in Rise including new one like Almudron which was pretty big monster and yet we never got Lagi in base game or Sunbreak.

Gojiira

I was mostly asking for monsters in old world.

For sure but I REALLY like his design and I really want to see him in new visuals.
Just more actual ‘Bird’ Bird Wyverns would be awesome. Desert/Savannah main area is a perfect chance for a Vulture Wyvern potentially. Malfestio agreed looks cool, so to make him actually fit in there needs to be a ecology purpose, maybe there could be a Nocturnal ‘Rat’ type wyvern or something and thats its environmental interaction etc. His fight just needs to lean into his Owl basis more, be awesome if he can perch on branches etc and ambush the Hunter.

Danjin44

Just more actual ‘Bird’ Bird Wyverns would be awesome. Desert/Savannah main area is a perfect chance for a Vulture Wyvern potentially. Malfestio agreed looks cool, so to make him actually fit in there needs to be a ecology purpose, maybe there could be a Nocturnal ‘Rat’ type wyvern or something and thats its environmental interaction etc. His fight just needs to lean into his Owl basis more, be awesome if he can perch on branches etc and ambush the Hunter.
We also absolutely need actual strong Bird Wyverns in mainline games instead of just being weak early monsters.

Gojiira

We also absolutely need actual strong Bird Wyverns in mainline games instead of just being weak early monsters.
Yep, Im really surprised theres no Phoenix or Roc yet as a Apex monster. I can imagine a Bird Monster thats like Lugia from Pokemon, could literally be a Monster that dives into the sea to catch fish etc like Albatross do.
Super hyped to see whats coming.

Last edited:

Gojiira

Just FYI confirmed Wilds has FREE swimming, its not linear, you can swim in any direction..Combat not confirmed yet though.
That awesome new Lightning Wyvern is called Raidou.
Camps can get destroyed by Monsters stopping you from fast travelling until you repair them.
Man its getting even more hype 😅

Danjin44

Just FYI confirmed Wilds has FREE swimming, its not linear, you can swim in any direction..Combat not confirmed yet though.
That awesome new Lightning Wyvern is called Raidou.
Camps can get destroyed by Monsters stopping you from fast travelling until you repair them.
Man its getting even more hype 😅
That’s actually really cool, you actually have think proper spot to set up your camp…..man wait is going be very painful.

lordrand11

Ye7EZ7F.png
77ARPts.png
Z5XgGMh.png

For me...
Malfestio
zAZgPD0.png

Zamtrios

Dah'ren Mohran
c7RhGJm.png
I'd be down to see some more land/sea switch creatures like Lagiacrus again from Mh3u. Maybe even Ceadeus. I miss the water fights.

zokie

If It happens - Evolved Lagiacrus that can survive on the land but most of the time its in the deep waters in the oasis of MH Wilds

Comandr

Arch Risen White Fatalis
One of the characters mentions his town was destroyed by the "white fury." So.. You might be close.

I'd love to see Legiacrus return. Taking the time to add explorable underwater sections for the sheer purpose of what... gathering materials? Why develop and entire system around swimming and underwater exploration for that? It just doesn't make sense. I think there is a very good chance we will see a return to underwater combat, and I'm here for it. I'd also like to see a return of truly colossal elder dragons. Dalamadur, Jhen Mohran. I'd like to see a lot of under represented and unusual monsters return. Bring back Yama Tsukami. I think with all of the new mechanics and traversal options, his fight could be really interesting. I'd love to see Shen Gaoren return. Or interesting carapaceons in general that aren't the extremely tired Hermitaur and Ceanataur.

It was stated during Gamescom that you could follow a stream from the Windward Plains to the Scarlet Forest. The Scarlet Forests' most notable feature is a large red river running through it. Where do all rivers end up? The ocean. Food for thought.

Last edited:

Comandr

I don’t mind that as long as it’s not another Zorah Magdaros type colossal Elder Dragon. it just not a fun fight.
Completely agree. I think my biggest issues with Zorah Magdaros is he's SO big, and you barely "fight" him. He just lurches forward while you shoot cannons at him for 25 minutes until he gets bored and remembers that he taped Survivor earlier and leaves.

I think there's probably compelling ways to make a large monster fight interesting. I trust Capcom's ability to find that.

Danjin44

Since with got Espinas in Rise, why not we get another Frontier monster like Akura Vashimu.
FGmyXk7.png

This guys would be perfect monster for desert area.

Top Bottom