• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What online games are you playing on your PS2?

Ranger X

I'm going to buy the PS2 modem pretty soon. There's a guy i know who just bought the online pack but he don't want the modem (??).
Whatever, i want to know wich games you guys still play. It's to give me an idea because i wanna choose some good games that are still popular enough online to buy. Don't want to get a game and there's nobody at the other hand of the line...

PS2 can go online?

Kidding aside, GT4 and Smackdown vs Raw (if confirmed) will be the only games I'll go online on my PS2 this year.

Good luck with your new job by the way ;)

I still play CoN and REOutbreak every now and then. I'm mostly waiting for GT4, HSGolfFore, Killzone and Monster Hunter which i'll be spending alot of time with.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
socom_screen006.jpg

[GAF] SOCOM II clan: http://www.ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=23

:D

Agent X

I have Champions of Norrath, but I rarely play it online. My most frequently played online games are still Amplitude, Twisted Metal: Black Online, and Tony Hawk's Underground. I only play online games maybe once every week or two, and I haven't been able to connect to the THUG server for the last two months.

We had a pretty good TM:BO online session with some Gaming Age forum members a couple of months back--we should try it again soon!

Hellraizah

Soon, you'll be so sick of playing "a good game" of Dukes Of Hazards that you'll soon forget the joy that is playing videogames. So, don't even think about getting an online game for PS2.

Buy an Xbox afterwards, and rediscover your passion about gaming.

Gattsu25

Banned
Hellraizah said:
Soon, you'll be so sick of playing "a good game" of Dukes Of Hazards that you'll soon forget the joy that is playing videogames. So, don't even think about getting an online game for PS2.

Buy an Xbox afterwards, and rediscover your passion about gaming.

retarded way of saying the truth: XBox Live is better than the PS2 Online service...and this is without me ever touching XBL

Hellraizah

Gattsu25 said:
retarded way of saying the truth: XBox Live is better than the PS2 Online service...and this is without me ever touching XBL
It was only an inside joke. Wyzdom is gonna be playing A LOT of Dukes Of Hazard really soon...

Scott

I play FreQuency, Amplitude, and Final Fantasy XI: Online.

FreQuency isn't exactly "popular," as you'll only find around 20-30 people online at a given time, and most just sit in chats (the bastards). It's also not online out-of-the-box (you have to do a disc swap between the Network Adaptor disc & the full game), kind of old, and one-upped by Amplitude... So it's kind of hurt by all that. Fortunately, the NA start-up disc has an online-enabled demo on it, so you can really see the status of the online game, and play about 4 (IIRC) songs online; it's worth checking out.

Amplitude is definitely more popular than FreQ. Typically you'll have a full game every few minutes (rarely happens in FreQ anymore :(), and there's a lot of good competition. And unlike FreQ, Amplitude was built with online play in mind, so there's a lot more game options available, a ranking system, and no disc-swapping. There's also a download center where you can download mixes Harmonix and other players have made, so it ups the replay value and keeps things fresh online.

Lastly, Final Fantasy XI: Online is uber-popular as I'm sure everyone knows. As of April it had over 500,000 paying subscribers, 1.2 million characters created, and so on. So you won't ever have problem with not enough people playing. But there's also the extreme costs in mind (HDD, subscription fees, etc), as well as the whole hit-or-miss MMORPG thing. It's a lot to consider, so it's totally up to you if you'd find it worth it.

That's all I've got for now. For upcoming I'm really looking forward to Gran Turismo IV, Monster Hunter, Ambrosia Odyssey, Front Mission Online, Champions: Return to Arms, and of course, Final Fantasy XI: Online: Chains of Promathia (expansion pack). It may not seem like many games to some people, but it's more than enough for me. :p

Top Bottom