• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What series would you like to see as a different genre/setting?

Malyse

So I've been thinking about Nintendo games lately and how much fun it is when they take a concept or character and play with it. I love the fact that something like Super Princess Peach even exists and I would be thrilled if they did that for more characters (COUGH), but I digress. What I would like to talk about is games and franchises that could be made in a different genre. Two series immediately come to mind: Zelda and Metroid as survival horror

Thinking about the lore of Majora's Mask and when you really dig into it, some of that stuff is kinda terrifying. And then I remembered BEN Drowned and how well that creepypasta worked. So I was thinking that the Zelda series could make one hell of a horror based game. Maybe tweak the combat balance to make fights a bit more of a struggle.

Imagine Dead Space sans all the over the top violence meets Metroid Prime, save in third person. Also, I want the whole game to be in space. I think it would be fun to have Samus in a derelict space station for the entirety of the game. Plus, finding armor upgrades and more powerful weapons would make a hell of a lot more sense.

Aside from that, I think a steampunk Metroid or a cyberpunk Zelda would be fun to see as well.

Oh but this isn't a Nintendo thread. I've just had them on my mind.

Top Bottom