• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

what the hell is akira?

Status
Not open for further replies.

7imz

i remember watching the anime a long time ago, i also remember not understanding a single thing. Today i decided to watch it again, things seemed a bit clearer but what the hell is akira? a pure form of energy that they're trying to imprison and use?

XS+

Banned
Nothing elistist about it, the Akira manga has the whole story and is a little easier to understand than the movie.

EviLore said:
Adel: The manga, after the explody stuff, is actually pretty dumb.

I never read it :p

I do however own the limited edition Akira DVD and action figure... I don't even like the movie that much, I just love the art design.

Chrono

Banned
XS+ said:
Nothing elistist about it, the Akira manga has the whole story and is a little easier to understand than the movie.

Yeah, when I saw the movie I was like "wtf"? I knew they had to skip a lot of parts but if I didn't read the manga I would have no idea on what's goin on.

7imz (how do you pronounce that? :p):

Akira is part of a select few kids with super powers. That's it really. Som kids could trigger nuclear-like events like akira and that's why they kept him frozen (of course that's after he triggered the first event). Tetsou could manipulate matter and so he can simply make your head explode or merge his body with materials like metal etc...

7imz

Chrono said:
Yeah, when I saw the movie I was like "wtf"? I knew they had to skip a lot of parts but if I didn't read the manga I would have no idea on what's goin on.

7imz (how do you pronounce that? :p):

Akira is part of a select few kids with super powers. That's it really. Som kids could trigger nuclear-like events like akira and that's why they kept him frozen (of course that's after he triggered the first event). Tetsou could manipulate matter and so he can simply make your head explode or merge his body with materials like metal etc...

ahhhhhhhhhhh... thanks

and it would be difficult to pronounce my name, it's NOT seven-imz. The 7 is used to represent an arabic letter that is not present in the english alphabet

7imz said:
and it would be difficult to pronounce my name, it's NOT seven-imz. The 7 is used to represent an arabic letter that is not present in the english alphabet

THANK GOODNESS you didn't go explaining it with snake sounds and shit like that :p

Akira's just some snot nose kid, who one day had a temper tantrum and ended up starting WW3 :p

He's also alive in the manga, but void of emotions. I can't remember the reason why

Shouta

When the grandaddy of all 'good' anime flicks doesn't make much sense, the genre's bound to be fucked.

Poor troll indeed. Mainly because the good trolls usually have a semblance of truth in them and this one doesn't =b.

XS+

Banned
7imz said:
but isn't it something like 1800 pages?
Something like that but it's not like you're reading 1800 pages of pure text (most of it is action). I finished the whole series in a week and a half.

nomoment said:
When the grandaddy of all 'good' anime flicks doesn't make much sense, the genre's bound to be fucked.

LOL cause we all remember how great EArly American comics were.

Fuck the Haterz Akira is a Classic, worht it for the motercycle chase scene alone.

superbook_001.jpg

did he say SUPERBOOK? as in SUPERBOOK!

damn I am old

I'd say read the comic books. I watched the movie once, a long time ago and didn't like it, as always it's impossible to condensate so many pages (not that the storyline is so complex) in a couple hours and it's too fast-paced. I'm not very fond of reading manga but I enjoyed Akira, and when I'm bored and my bro is not around I sneak into his room to get a tome and re-read it :p.

Dujour

Banned
I loved th movie. You just have to brainwash yourself and watch it a lot of times to catch all the little themes in it. Haven't read all of the manga yet, but someday I will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom