• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What the hell is the links bar in IE for?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1235
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Some dude has been whinging at me all day because his links bar contains all his favorites and not just his "Links" What the bejesus are Links and how to I stop favorites landing in there? If a delete a favorite, it disappears from the links bar. What the hell is going on, he claims this never used to happen before the upgrades.

I think the links bar is stupid because I have never heard of it.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
There should be a folder under favorites called "Links." Anything that's put there will also show up on the links toolbar.

SKluck

Banned
I love the links bar. It's incredibly stupid you can't make you own toolbars like you can with windows.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
unfortunately a good browser is not an option, the strange thing is that instead of showing what is in the "links" folder of favorites it's showing the entire favorites folder on the links bar, even the links folder itself. Which is making me nervous since I built and deployed this version of IE to the entire company, GULP.

Turning it off is not an option because the guy want to use the feature.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
The internet cannot solve this problem. Boo the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom