• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What the hell is wrong with my Internet Explorer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattx5

Ok, this only seems to be happening in IE and not Firefox.

whatthefuck.jpg

It does this almost every time I try to load a page, haven't tried it on any other sites yet though.

Also, I'm getting some weird spyware shit. For example, in the GAMING DISCUSSION link, the GAMING is highlighted and linked to some search engine called 'ntsearch'. It doesn't do that in Firefox though.

And yes, while I know Firefox is better, I still want to know why my IE is fucked. Ad Aware isn't picking up on anything....

slayn

needs to show more effort.
I was having a lot of problems with adware/spyware and not having the usual programs pick up on it like adaware or regmechanit or search and destroy... then I came across this one called XoftSpy or something that found an assload of crap on my computer missed my all three of those previous ones... I'm having a lot less problems now.

Though I never had that particular problem, a lot of my problems were IE centric.

LakeEarth

Spyware. I had a similar problem before I got rid of mine. Have you upgraded your AdAware to Adaware SE yet? Do it, it finds stuff the other one doesn't.

And I'm downloading XoftSpy now. Doesn't hurt to have another Spyware killer out there. 3 is not enough!

LakeEarth

Slayn, how did you get a working copy of XoftSpy? It found shit, but it won't let me remove it unless I buy the damn thing.

slayn

If you do happen to buy... or uh... not buy... XoftSpy be sure to try all the different scans from the menu, not just smart scan which is the default. You can find even more stuff with those.

slayn

I have Spybot 1.3 and XoftSpy still found more than it... or at least different ones.

Vitten

Whoa , big thanks for posting that Mozilla Firefox link !

Tried it and it's fantastic. Gone are all the pop-ups, browser hijacks , hungapp and other errors.. Feels like surfing the net like it was 5 years ago all over again :)

mattx5

I already have Firefox, it works great. But the fact that my IE is fucked up with ads, and Ad Aware isn't picking up on shit indicates a bigger problem. I don't want Spyware shit lying around on my PC.

I'm going to try that program that was mentioned in this thread....

Che

Banned
It sucks! That's what's wrong with it.

Btw it's way easier spyware to be installed in your system when you're using IE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom