• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What to do in DC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to be visiting Washington D.C. in a couple days and I was wondering if there is anything that I should check out? Good restaurants and entertainment (any good arcades?) are what I'm mainly wondering about. I don't have much time there and don't plan on doing too much historical or government related stuff. Also, how is the china town there?

First, head to RFK stadium and pay your respects. Then, go to FedEx Field(formerly Jack Kent Cooke Stadium) and bow to your god. The Redskins are back, baby!! If you can, stop by Joe Gibbs place, too. Tell him I said "ABOUT DAMN TIME!"

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Well I would say that the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History, the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum, and Holocaust Museum are a must. Also the Vietnam memorial (which I haven't seen yet).

Tekky

Be sure to wear your "Die, Bush! Die!" T-shirt.

It should help get you into special places. :)

If anyone asks about it, just say it's German for "The Bush! The!"

Arcades? Hahaha. DC is definitely NOT the place to go for video games (well, except for the video game industry trade association). DC is basically a monument tour, Capitol, White House, Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, WWII Memorial, etc. Not much else, especially if you're too young to bar-hop.

DC's Chinatown is lame compared to Philly's or NYC's. However, there are plenty of good restaurants in DC, especially if you like ethnic food. Everything from Chinese, Thai, Mexican, Cajun, American, French, Italian, Spanish, Ethiopian, and fusions of all of the above can be found in and around DC.

Acrylamid

Tekky said:
Be sure to wear your "Die, Bush! Die!" T-shirt.

It should help get you into special places. :)

If anyone asks about it, just say it's German for "The Bush! The!"
True, but it would implicate that Bush is female.
(I guess the Simpsons writer knew this when they wrote the 'Die, Bart! Die!'-joke, because the episode titles 'Burns Verkaufen der Kraftwerk' and 'Das Bus' aren't in correct German, as well)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom