• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What you've all been waiting for!! (Halo 2 MP footage, a lot!)

SKluck

Banned
I've been waiting for SP footage actually. All the MP videos are from the same demo as e3, and I saw enough of that.

Drexon

Banned
Well this is new, and it's 4 minutes long! "Un-cut"! AND in good quality!

Anyways, DAMN! That shield came back Fast once it went! Firefights! You gotta strafe baby! :D PICK UP THAT FLAG! Stop being a noob! >_<

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Yup, this is the first "good" quality cam footage of Halo 2, I'm very happy Gullie asked me to host it :)

Blimblim

The Inside Track
You can get the codecs right from the video download page. Look at the bottom you should see a small text with a link to the latest ffdshow package.
I really ought to make this more user friendly, but then I suck at web design.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Could shave 10 megs off that video at the beginning. :)

As for the footage: Pretty map, but enough already!

SyNapSe

Blimblim said:
You can get the codecs right from the video download page. Look at the bottom you should see a small text with a link to the latest ffdshow package.
I really ought to make this more user friendly, but then I suck at web design.

Your good people; I'll fire it up when I get back home.

Drexon

Banned
So I thought to my self "Why isn't there more footage? It sorta got cut off mid way", and there it was, another steamin' 100mb's of footage. :D

http://xboxyde.com/news_951_en.html <---

Also, some Halo 2 headset news!

halo2headset.jpg

"GameCom Halo 2 Edition’s performance combined with our kick ass sound design and new communications effects makes for an intense multiplayer gaming experience." said Pete Parsons, Studio Manager of Bungie Studios. "Comfortable and sleek, you almost immediately forget the GameCom Halo 2 Edition headset is there, as you sneak around behind an opponent and whisper something nasty in his ear before you run him through with an energy sword."

"In October 2004 it will be available worldwide through select retail outlets at an ESP of US$49.95. All products include a one-year warranty with Plantronics’ world-class service and support."

And what game might this be? =) Looks good.

520_0013.jpg

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
wow, those guys were all soooo fucking terrible.... shit.

but that video rocked. the game is simply beautiful

Solid

op_ivy said:
but that video rocked. the game is simply beautiful
Indeed! This will look gorgeous on my Widescreen TV! It's a shame Halo isn't supporting 16:9. It would give the game another dimension.

No, that looks better than Halo on PC. That's for sure. But yeah, those guys suck. The one guy has two SMGs, out, and is only firing one. He goes to reload the one...And still doesn't fire the other one. He never does. And when they start...They're trying to get into the Warthog, and they can't...They're jumping on it, clubbing it, throwing grenades at it...Have these guys even played Halo before?

SyNapSe

haha, yeah I don't think they knew the controls in the beginning. The guy is trying to jump on the warthog and tosses a grenade.

That level looks nice.. it seemed like a one way CTF game. Elite's hold a base + flag, and MC's hafta come in and take the flag back.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
the other video is almost unwatchable, but it is better then the video xboxyde had a few days ago... just be warned, you may want to make the video in black and white or you'll likley suffer an epileptic seizure...

Alex

Retards is putting it lightly, it says on the damn screen, just like Halo 1, "Press X to enter Warthog" or whatnot. Which is apparently too difficult for them, so they flail madly on the controller, nearly killing each other.

SyNapSe

Malakhov said:
Whoa cool headset, is it gonna be worth that price though?

It's Plantronics, so I'm sure it's excellent quality, but there is no way in hell I'd pay that price for it.

Solid

Alex said:
Retards is putting it lightly, it says on the damn screen, just like Halo 1, "Press X to enter Warthog" or whatnot. Which is apparently too difficult for them, so they flail madly on the controller, or so it would seem.
Germans don't speak English...

Alex

"Germans don't speak English..."

"Press X (accomponied by a picture of the button) to enter passenger/gunner/driver seat of Warthog"

What the fuck do they interrpret X as doing then?

"Press X to not enter Warthog!"

I just wish we could get a decent sized multi video of people who seem like they have played a game before...

Drexon

Banned
Hahaha, yeah, it's really obvious. But most of 'em prolly haven't played one and is just cought in the hype of 2. Besides, driving the warth hog wasn't the easiest thing to do in the first game, I remember it taking quite a while to figure it out (without the excessive oversteering of the back). :p

SyNapSe

Drexon said:
Hahaha, yeah, it's really obvious. But most of 'em prolly haven't played one and is just cought in the hype of 2. Besides, driving the warth hog wasn't the easiest thing to do in the first game, I remember it taking quite a while to figure it out. :p

Yes, DRIVING it was a bit touchy, but he was trying to hop in the back and ended up dumping a grenade that bounced over the top and blew up on some guys trying to enter a Ghost.

The ghost was actually on the side I think, at any rate, it was a frag gren. I think and it blew up hurting people ;) Oh, and it was totally cool :)

Alex

I just think it's funny that they hit every button EXCEPT X upon arriving at the Warthog.

Warthogs fairly easy to drive on a base level, IMO, coping with the physics of sharp turns and jumps and whatnot is still fairly difficult for me after nearly three years however. I'd like to think I am a pretty good driver, but I still flip many a Warthog on occasion.

Kon Tiki

Banned
Alex said:
"Germans don't speak English..."

"Press X (accomponied by a picture of the button) to enter passenger/gunner/driver seat of Warthog"

What the fuck do they interrpret X as doing then?

"Press X to not enter Warthog!"

I just wish we could get a decent sized multi video of people who seem like they have played a game before...

So can I laugh at you when you can not take my flag?

Alex

You can laugh after I utterly stomp your ass THEN take your flag, although I fail to see the humor from your point of view.

Kon Tiki

Banned
Alex said:
You can laugh after I utterly stomp your ass THEN take your flag, although I fail to see the humor from your point of view.
Well then I will just be laughing at you as I head shot shot while you are day dreaming.

Drexon

Banned
Some bad news, I guess... :(

"Software giant Microsoft does not intend it according to current data on the Games Convention to convert the potential Egoshooterhit halo 2 of the Xbox on the PC. As reasons one called the not sufficient capacities with developer Bungie studios, over at all a conversion in addition wars. Also a passing on of the project to another developer team is rejected by Microsoft, and won't happen. Further reasons for the refusal of a conversion are probably "Exclusivie for the Xbox" and the relatively moderate paragraph numbers of the PC conversion of the predecessor."

Top Bottom