• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whatever happened to this GA legend...

Status
Not open for further replies.
r8min.jpg

Saturnman

Banned
René Diff is supposed to have a solo career going. I know Lene does as well, but she's just a cheap Kylie Minogue knock-off.

Is that what you wanted to know, Adel? :p

Saturnman

Banned
Same one. If you need proof, I can provide.

I think I am one of the few OA mods who is not banned from GA yet. Even Catzgirl felt the wrath of the GA administration. :(

calder

Where's Hiro Protaganist? Did he change nicks?

That reminds me, I never did read Snow Crash. Tried twice, but couldn't make it more than 10 pages. I'm very intrigued by The Baroque Cylcle but haven't taken the plunge yet; it gives me a weird "Age of Unreason" vibe.

nitewulf

have you read neuromancer? if so, dont bother with snow crash...it just hasnt aged well. very advanced for 1992 surely, but now it seems sorta lame and juvenile. frankly what was very exotic then, like samurai, sushi, anime etc are very commonplace now, so the novel reads like a geekboy's dream.
neuromancer on the other hand is still as fresh as when it came out IMO.

calder said:
Where's Hiro Protaganist? Did he change nicks?

Hiro stopped posting long time ago, long before the initial forum breakdown. He used to occasionally lurk though. I'm not sure if he knows about the new forum.

I sure do miss him.

White Man

have you read neuromancer? if so, dont bother with snow crash...it just hasnt aged well. very advanced for 1992 surely, but now it seems sorta lame and juvenile. frankly what was very exotic then, like samurai, sushi, anime etc are very commonplace now, so the novel reads like a geekboy's dream.

Snow Crash is supposed to be extremely hammy and overblown. It's supposed to be uber-fun. It's basically cyberpunk elements taken to illogical superlatives meets the caricatures of The Big U. Keen book.

Diamond Age > Snow Crash > Cryptonomicon > The Baroque Cycle, so far.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
CVXFREAK said:
BUT WHERE?!?!?!?!?
He got banned within 10 or so posts for being a douche. I liked the guy But I seem to rememebr him acting a bit out of sorts as things got underway here.
EDIT:No he's back now. Everything is back to normal :)

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
marsomega said:
This Dennis580...can anyone fill me in? :)

He loved strategy games so much he played football in coach mode. He also couldn't spell or form sentences very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom