• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's EB's PS2 trading standard?

cvxfreak

What I'm asking is what makes EB determine if a PS2 is new or broken. I want a brand new model, and I have an old PS2 I can trade, but it does take a long time to read discs, and occasionally, discs might even get scratched. I'm aware that PS2 systems net $100 in trade in value. How much do broken PS2 systems go for? How much is a Network Adapter worth? Do controllers and cables need to be present to get the $100 value?

Thanks.

ChrisReid

The value has certainly gone below $100. You certainly need a controller and the cables too. They'll test to see if your game works with CDs/DVDs.. if it makes bad sounds or takes an unusual amount of time, then no go. GameStop gives about $35 credit for a broken system, not sure if EB takes broken ones.

Dead

well not really...yet
Buy a PStwo get $100 for a used PS2 until the end of october

edit: nevermind, guess I shouldve actually read the post heh

cvxfreak

Interesting; the EB worker told me today PS2's were worth $100. I guess I'll see if the thing won't explode or something.

AeroGod

my local eb owner said he'd give me 50 credit for my ps2 even though the lens was broken(i think) I havnt been able to get anything to run, always disc read errors.

Tip: If you trade any 5 PS2 games (along with the PS2 system) you will get $150 credit till the end of October, sooo buy 5 cheap ass games if you dont have any on hand (anything but demos will work even 2.99 madden 01,02,03 etc.) will pay for the new PS2 in full! :D The system must have the cables and controllers to be taken for full value btw. Just be aware you might have to preorder the new PS2 as most EB's probably will not have in stock but shipments seem to be coming every 4 days.

jedimike

EB is running a promotion right now (through the 26th I believe)... trade in a PS2 or Xbox and get $100 credit. I traded in my spare Xbox and all they did was plug it in and eject the tray.

Top Bottom