• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whats the best BT program

Status
Not open for further replies.

B'z-chan

Banned
Just wondering i'm installing some new software on my computer and wouldnt mind knowing what the best would be. Also what are the best ports to open to keep the flow of traffic in and out at a modest speed?

Also is there a easy to use Torrent maker? I'm trying to get my own music up and i'm gonna use my PC at night for my download section. IE i'm a cheap ass who wont buy server space.

B'z-chan

Banned
Trevelyon said:
Azureus Representin' yo!

I have been converted. Thank you.

Just gotta find out which ports to open to make my download and upload a litlte better then i'll be set.

Love the program thus far though.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Does Azureus still have memory leaks? i noticed its moved on quite a bit since i last used it but it brought my PC to its knees repeatedly then.

Im using Bittornado at the moment, its nothing flashy but it gets the job done with the minimum of effort on the PCs part.

Also id change the default ports used by bittorrent (6881-6899) some ISPs have started limiting traffic on those ports, and as a result some trackers have been set up to reject clients using those ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom