• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the cheapest flash cart available? (GBA)

DJ_Tet

Banned
I've got a 256 meg which serves my purpose. I've got a friend who just got a GBA SP and has played my NES emulator on the GBA. He's got a huge library of NES games, and would love to play them on his GBA. He has asked me to help him get a flash cart and put some NES roms on there (that he owns obviously). The NES he has hardly works without blowing in it.

What is the smallest cart available that would do justice to the NES library? Could he get away with a 64 meg cart? I've got the writer, he wouldn't need that. Basically he wants to buy a cart and have me load his cart with games.

Can someone help me find a cheap cart and what is the smallest cart available that could house a nice size library of NES games?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I don't even think they even manufacture 64 meg carts even more. And the 64 meg ones are pretty old probably, not sure if they're the best. But compatibilty issues aside (if there are any), a 64 meg cart is more than enough. You can fit about 25-30 games on 32 megs alone

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Lisa Lashes said:
I like how you mask your love of GBA ROMS with the NES emulator angle. Smooth.

If he is, it doesn't make sense cause he'll be missing out on some great games if he was asking for a 64 meg cart.

nevermind

tenchir

Just buy the 512MB version. You can practically fit the entire GB or NES <insert region> library into the cartridge. They are so cheap.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Lisa Lashes said:
I like how you mask your love of GBA ROMS with the NES emulator angle. Smooth.

Do you? I like how you mask your pervert love with the "I'm a girl!!!111!!" angle.

Seriously, I've got a 256 meg cart, it's more than enough for my love of GBA roms. I'm specifically looking for the cheapest cart I can find for a friend with no love for pirating. Hence why I'm looking for the cheapest cart without a writer.

My friend wants some NES love on his GBA. Is that so hard to fathom?

DJ_Tet

Banned
I will, but it's not for ME.

I'm looking for the cheapest flashcart available on the market today for the sole purpose of writing NES roms on. Can anyone help?

I've got a 256 meg that is suiting my purposes totally.

DJ_Tet

Banned
tenchir said:
The cheapest cart without a writer???? How would you write to the cart? Go to www.gbaemu.com and look around in the forums for prices and link.

I will write his cart once he orders the cart. I've got a writer, and since he isn't interested in GBA roms, I figure I'll write a ton of NES roms (all of which he already owns), and be done with it.

DJ_Tet said:
I will write his cart once he orders the cart. I've got a writer, and since he isn't interested in GBA roms, I figure I'll write a ton of NES roms (all of which he already owns), and be done with it.
you need to buy the same brand cart you have if he wants to use the same writer as you...
the different brand carts and writers are incompatible, with a few exceptions...

DJ_Tet

Banned
The Faceless Master said:
you need to buy the same brand cart you have if he wants to use the same writer as you...
the different brand carts and writers are incompatible, with a few exceptions...

Very good point. I've got an "E-Z Writer" for my writer.

tenchir

You going to have to give the name of your cart since there are different brand of carts that uses different writers. They are not compatible with each other.

Here's a list of carts that are not compatible with each other.

F2A
EZ1
EZ2
EZF
FA Pro/FA Xtreme
XG1
XG2
XROM

Those carts are just from the top of my head.

tenchir

DJ_Tet said:
Very good point. I've got an "E-Z Writer" for my writer.

EZ Writer 1, 2, or F? I am sure that EZ 1 and 2 are not compatible with EZF. I am not sure if EZ1 and EZ2 uses the same writer. And I am pretty sure the lowest you can find for those carts is 128Mb.

Just read the label on your cart.

cvxfreak

rachel80.txt
shonuff.gif

Funniest combination of avatars ever.

As for PocketNES, do the resolution ratios remain the same on the GBA screen? The Classic NES series had 1 of every 4 pixels removed for the screen.

tenchir

CVXFREAK said:
rachel80.txt
shonuff.gif

Funniest combination of avatars ever.

As for PocketNES, do the resolution ratios remain the same on the GBA screen? The Classic NES series had 1 of every 4 pixels removed for the screen.

Not the same. The horizontal resolution is identical, but it is lacking in the vertical resolution(I think it's missin 8-16 pixel?)

DJ_Tet

Banned
thanks fart, i will do just that

and I'm glad I wrote this thread as I wouldn't have thought that he could buy a cart that my writer couldn't write to.

Top Bottom