• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the consensus on plates being interchangeable between PS5 Slim and Pro?

digdug2

There are multiple videos, articles, and conversations about the interchangeability of plates between PS5 Slim and PS5 Pro. Some say that only the bottom plates can be swapped, where others opine that the the plates are made to accommodate the Slim and Pro. But at the end of the day, I have not seen a definitive answer.

Just saw on Let's Talk Playstation - a image leaked on a Japanese website that indicated NO they do not fit.

Yes the ps5 pro slim cases fit. This was posted on here a few times. Forgot the site that got it from Sony that the slims panels will work on the pro. Wish I had the link but it’s pretty legit site as well.

Are they interchangeable or are they not? I really want the new Chroma Teal color shift plates for my PS5 Pro, but don't want to waste money on them if they're not going to fit.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
No, I could tell that just by looking at it.
The bottom one looks like it could be but the top is different, especially in material.

Last edited:

digdug2

wzJu2wf.png

I really think that they will fit. There's a picture of a PS5 Slim right next to a Pro. I copy/pasted the slim's top plate next to the Pro's top plate for a comparison. The PS5 Slim is slightly closer to the camera, making its top plate look a little bit larger than the Pro's plate, but I think that they are the same size.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
If only Sony would talk just a little more

We didn't even get a time here in the US when orders would go live or even a price on the LE bundle

I don't know I have ever seen a company less willing to talk to their consumers

In the past, Sony has been pretty good about having an FAQ available to answer questions like these.

New PlayStation leadership are making Jim Ryan look good.

Sw0pDiller

I don't know I have ever seen a company less willing to talk to their consumers
Remember the backwards compatibilty of the ps5 with ps4? We needed a digitale foundry item for that to be knieën. I guess we Will hear from them eventually how ps5 boostmode wil work on most ps5 games. Sony just does not care it seems. To be fair: everything they Will say Will get the “not worth 700 dollar” answer in the first reaction and people Will run with it.

The pro will be a niche item so I don't think Sony really cares about the plates for that one. Everyone should be more bothered that Sony is not selling the fat OG plates in the new colors. Only for the slim.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
If you're insane enough to buy both consoles, surely you will buy separate sets of plates for each, no?
I bought two ps5 Pros and I also bought 2 sets of slim plates. If they don’t fit I’ll just return them to Amazon and paint the white ones.

Sounds like you’re a Pro hater so why even comment on a topic you clearly don’t give a damn about?

Just seems silly. No one cares what you have to say as an outsider.

Mr Hyde

I'm pissed the regular cover plates doesn't fit on Pro. Spent a good amount of money and time to customize the PS5 looking all sexy and now I have to ditch everything and start over? Goddamn it!

Top Bottom