• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the GAF policy on sending random XBL friend requests to random GAFers?

Pollux

Do you PM them first, asking them if they're open to playing a certain game. Such as Black Ops or Reach, or do you just send them the friend request? Just curious....sorry if this is a n00b thread.

Daigoro

No policy. Just ask them in a thread or pm. Or just send the request with a message saying who you are and why you sent it.

ultron87

Just send em one with a message that's like "Hey! I'm from GAF and I've noticed we both play Barbie Horse Adventures a lot! Let's be friends and my horse Clipclop can race your horse!"

Nose Master

I wish people would mention they're from gaf. Random friend requests, than not responding to "whothefuckisthis" makes me rage.

Nose Master said:
I wish people would mention they're from gaf. Random friend requests, than not responding to "whothefuckisthis" makes me rage.

it's the same people who send random "play COD with me!!1" requests!

Firestorm

Nose Master said:
Yeah saying your username is also helpful.

ultron87 said:
Just send em one with a message that's like "Hey! I'm from GAF and I've noticed we both play Barbie Horse Adventures a lot! Let's be friends and my horse Clipclop can race your horse!"

Actually, The BHA Gaf Community isn't receptive to new members.

Grinchy

Banned
Yeah I've gotten a few random invites (on PSN) since I was activated here and I wasn't sure if it was GAF members or not. Just blank message friend requests. I keep my list trimmed down to people I personally know and internet peeps who I've at least associated with in some way.

Fugu

I frequently receive friend requests to the effect of "it's _ from NeoGAF" and that has always suited me quite well.

Top Bottom