• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the latest XBL Arcade news?

jedimike

Got my OXM yesterday and saw an ad for it near the back of the mag. It said you could get a disc after Nov. 3rd, but it sounded like a mail-away. You had to send $4.99 for shipping and handling... but it had a free version of Ms. Pac-Man.

So my questions are...

When is it officially released?

Do we have to request a disc by mail?

Will Arcade reside on the dashboard?

How many developers are on board? Obviously Namco is in, but I'd also like to see some other developers of "old school" arcade games sign on.

SKluck

Banned
I saw that ad too, but xbox live is the main distribution method... So maybe its just a demo disc for people without live? who knows.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Integrating the Xbox Live Arcade in the Dashboard would have been too much trouble, so MS decided to distribute these DVD. Basically it's a launcher, you'll still download the actual games from Xbox Live. Maybe the demos will be on the DVD, that would make sense.

Jesiatha

jedimike said:
Got my OXM yesterday and saw an ad for it near the back of the mag. It said you could get a disc after Nov. 3rd, but it sounded like a mail-away. You had to send $4.99 for shipping and handling... but it had a free version of Ms. Pac-Man.

So my questions are...

When is it officially released?

Do we have to request a disc by mail?

Will Arcade reside on the dashboard?

How many developers are on board? Obviously Namco is in, but I'd also like to see some other developers of "old school" arcade games sign on.

I don't think there is an "official" release, but it sounds like November 3rd may be as close as you can get.

Discs will be available via mail, in Xbox Live starter kits, possibly via OXM, possibly sent out to current subscribers.

Arcade will not reside in the dashboard. :mad

Most of the current developers are smaller games companies. Namco is on board, and we are in talks about other "old school arcade".

jedimike

thx for the info Jesiatha. The dashboard would have been a better option... but oh well. Hopefully they will add it to the Xenon dash board. I'm assuming this will be an ongoing XBL service.

Top Bottom