• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where to get Arcade sticks in NYC

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I'm going to a friends house this weekend for a college revival weekend, aka Street FIghter fest. I need a place where i can buy a good arcade stick like Hori's dual fighting stick. I tried J & L and the elizabeth mall with no sucess. Any other place in city that has imports? Thanks

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
I'm assuming your looking for PS2 sticks? Chinatown is your best bet for Hori's I would assume.

Doc Holliday

Already went to J & L and elizabeth mall in chinatown, the only stick they had was that giant hori stick that like a hundred bucks.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Doc Holliday said:
Already went to J & L and elizabeth mall in chinatown, the only stick they had was that giant hori stick that like a hundred bucks.
Try uh....I can't remember the name of the store, but its right outside the fulton mall in brooklyn. Game something-or-not....GAF'ers help me out. I will pass by there tonight after I finish class and let you know.

Snaaake is located in NYC. Look him up on Shoryuken and beg him to build you a quick stick.

That's just my 2 cents, though. Admittedly it's not practical at all. Think you're better off getting a Hori rushed to you if it has to be this weekend.

Doc Holliday

Yea i think ill just order one from ncsx or lik sang. I was just wondering...I think game-express in mid town might have one. Thanks for the help.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
ArcadeStickMonk said:
Snaaake is located in NYC. Look him up on Shoryuken and beg him to build you a quick stick.

That's just my 2 cents, though. Admittedly it's not practical at all. Think you're better off getting a Hori rushed to you if it has to be this weekend.

Who is this Snaaake? Do you think he could do a GC/PC one for me?

PS: ASM, whats the tag he uses on shoryuken?

olubode said:
Who is this Snaaake? Do you think he could do a GC/PC one for me?

PS: ASM, whats the tag he uses on shoryuken?

Snaaake is a poster on the Shoryuken hardware forums, one of a good handful who supplies custom made sticks to the forum goers. They all have their own sticky threads over there.

I been away form that board for several months, so I can't say for sure who is available and who is backed up up. You'd have to ask. I only mentioned him because I remember that he was part of the NYC scene.

GC\PC? Am I reading that right? Gamecube and PC? Like Link do you?
I've never seen a GC stick mentioned over there, because it's almost enitrely SF, and thus they are experienced in hacking PS2 and XBOX controllers but GC might be new to some. Again, you'd have to ask them.

Alternately you could get a GC stick built by MAS. They are the only supplier I've seen who will build for the GC. Stay away from their PC option though, it is entirely worthless.

I'd give you more ideas but I really need to know what you plan to be playing on what platforms. If it's GC just because of Soul Calibur 2 then you should have a GC Hori right now

Doc Holliday

Ordered the Fighting Stick 2 by Hori. I loved my vf4 stick they made a while back so i figure i'll *cough* stick *cough* with them. Hardy har har. :D

fighting_stick_2w.jpg

Top Bottom