• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where's the black DS?

Damn it. I was really hoping they were secretly going to launch with assorted colors, not just plat/black like they briefly tried to pimp with the GBA "Limited Edition" model.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
hobbitx said:
I wish Nintendo would launch with assorted colors for all their systems period.
It would be nice, but then they'd be missing out on possible sales boosts when new colors are introduced.

Tsubaki

human5892 said:
It would be nice, but then they'd be missing out on possible sales boosts when new colors are introduced.

They will if it sells. It'll be a way to sell even more. DS is not a guaranteed hit anymore, but if it flies, Nintendo will milk it.

belgurdo

Banned
Mike Works said:
Did Sony, Microsoft, or Sega ever do that?

Sega released colored versions of the Game Gear (I used to own a blue one that came with Sonic 2, and I distinctly remember a red one for a promotion of a Japanese Coke game. There was also one encrusted with diamonds-I shit you not, although that might have been a private make), and I know the Dreamcast came in red/blue (Code Veronica), Black (Sega sports), and pink (Sanrio promotion.)

cokegear.jpg

0117.jpg

GameGear2.jpg

encontro8_06.jpg

MattCoz

Tsubaki said:
They will if it sells. It'll be a way to sell even more. DS is not a guaranteed hit anymore, but if it flies, Nintendo will milk it.
DS preorders are already sold out, they're going to sell through every single plat/black DS they make at launch. They'll release new colors once sales begin to settle down. Basic business.

Tabris

Mike Works said:
Did Sony, Microsoft, or Sega ever do that?

Sony has a couple different colours available online.

Microsoft has those special bundles with different colours, most were in other regions from america.

hooo

boooy
Tabris said:
Sony has a couple different colours available online.

Microsoft has those special bundles with different colours, most were in other regions from america.

None of which at launch (and all limited edition correct?).

Yeah I remember that diamond-encrusted GG, it was in EGM back in the day.

Didn't Tommy Hilfiger make a special branded Game Boy Color?

Top Bottom