• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where's the Dawn of War buzz?! >:(

Zaptruder

Banned
Disappointing, GAF! It's out already and I haven't heard a single peep from this forum since it went gold.

How is it? I played a couple games of skirmish with my friends copy, and found the eldar to be really cool but really tricky. Perfect race for practicing micro with.

I demand impressions! Going to sleep will check back in the morn.

AeroGod

I was going to make a thread but I didnt :( Havnt played much yet though, only did the first 2 missions.

Bish, whoever did the opening cinematic is a fucking genious. Find that man, shake his hand, then give him a big wet kiss from me. That shit rocked my socks off. Its iz HARDCORE!

WarPig

The opening cinema I dug, 'cuz it sorta captures the resource-gathering mechanic.

I'm on the fifth mission so far (not only did they give Gamespy the exclusive review, nobody else got review code until fucking YESTERDAY). I fucking love Dreadnoughts with assault cannons. Assault Marines I'm too lazy to use properly.

DFS.

AeroGod

Drinky Crow said:
Fun, but only 11 missions in the sole SP campaign? Boo.

Thats like complaining about the single player in Battlefield 1942, maybe. Its all about multiplayer, which is awesome, I expect some GAf matches very very soon. *My Eldar skills are unmatched. You noobs will see pwnage!!

*=Total bullshit lie

ElyrionX

It was either Dawn of War or Rome: Total War for me. With all the kickass reviews of Rome coming in, I've decided that Dawn of War ain't gonna get my love.....

WarPig

I'd say Dawn of War and Rome are equally worthy purchases, depending on your taste in strategy. Both kick a lotta ass.

DFS.

Hooker

BECAUSE I'M STILL FUCKING WAITING FOR MY COPY TO ARRIVE AT MY DOORSTEP WHILST I SEE DOWNLOAD LINKS EVERYWHERE!!!!

But I'm a man with morals so I'll just have to wait :/

belmakor

Well, I can't say I'm really worried about the game only having 11 single player missions. This game already feels like it's all about multiplayer anyway. Especially after playing it during the beta.

The only problem I originally had with the game is that I felt like it was forcing me to play in an agressive manner by default. Having had the time to play around with it more though, I'm beginning to see how I can possibly still play with my more defensive style I usually prefer to play with. At least I hope so anyway.

So far lots of fun, depending how well I can work strategies and tactics into it will probably determine how long I'll be willing to play it. At this rate though I don't think I'll burn out on it nearly as quickly as I did on StarCraft. It already feels like it's balanced better.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
So far so good. It is definitely a short game, already on the 5th of 11 campaign missions after about 2 - 3 hours of play, but its been much fun so far. Basically, if you liked what you saw in the demo, you will like this, there isn't much different.

Oh and for the curious, the mission in the demo is the 4th campaign mission.

Top Bottom