• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which stepdown converter to use? (DS/PSP)

u_neek

I'm importing either a Jap PSP or a US NDS - but I wanna know which stepdown converter I should use here in Europe for these two handhelds..?

Dagon

The PSP has a universal AC adapter that takes from 100-230V. You will only need a prong converter if you live in Europe. And these are available everywhere and cost a couple bucks.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
wow, thats actually big news. Lots of europeans buy games/systems (GBA's) from our store, and power is always an issue.

Dagon

Yeah, it's awesome. I was just thinking the day the announcements were made that that would be a cool feature and there it was.

It makes sense. Laptops have been using them for ever.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
obvious really, and more an indictment on Nintendo for never doing it, considering its a portable device that can play games from all over the world..

Play asia are even shipping their PSPs with an adapter plug if you require it.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Sounds great to me. I'll almost certainly be picking up a US PSP. And NDS. My bank balance hates me.

AnIco

It appears Sony is taking the portability aspect of PSP very seriously. The AC adaptor is rated at 100-240V; no region-lock for games; and for those of us who live in Europe, we share Region 2 with Japan so there will be no incompatabilities between Europe and Japan for movies. For all intents and purposes, the Japanese model is the European model. :D

u_neek

Ultra Magnanimous said:
DS can use the same charger as the SP, so if you have an SP no need for an adapter. Most game stores sell SP chargers for next to nothing anyway.

So my European charger will work fine with an imported US DS?

Great! Thanks for all the answers guys!

Top Bottom