• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which version of BR to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AeroGod

So I decided to get Battle Royale on DVD. I managed to catch about an hour of it and i want to see the rest, might as well buy because Id like to add it to my DVD collection. Since no stores anywhere around here sell it, even the import shop I checked now I have to buy it online. The only question being, which two of these is the best

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...ref=sr_1_1/104-7127959-2239953?v=glance&s=dvd

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.as...ideos/did-160/code-j/version-all/#prodcontent

The one from Amazon is Region 1, but something scares me about it. Is it edited for Region 1, as in taking out some of the more violent content or anything. Its happened in the past with other DVDs ive purchased.

The other one is a 2 disc Korean directors cut. For some unkown reason its cheaper then the one from Amazon. Its indicated as region free, so im guessing it will work in any DVD player. The nagain, maybe there is something wrong with the whole package im not seeing.

Or maybe there is a better deal somewhere else?

Also, is yesasia.com a good reliable place to order from, Ive never used them.

I forgot to talk about the version I have. It's an abomination, a blemish to the very DVD format. Purchased for ONE American dollar on the streets of Beijing, the three times the subtitles sync up with the movie are glorious indeed.

Needless to say, you should probably skip that one. According to the packaging Tom Cruise, Tom Hanks, The Rock, Jackie Chan and Jennifer Lopez all star in Battle Royale! Must've been a jungle on that editing room floor, eh?

AeroGod

metsallica said:
I forgot to talk about the version I have. It's an abomination, a blemish to the very DVD format. Purchased for ONE American dollar on the streets of Beijing, the three times the subtitles sync up with the movie are glorious indeed.

Needless to say, you should probably skip that one. According to the packaging Tom Cruise, Tom Hanks, The Rock, Jackie Chan and Jennifer Lopez all star in Battle Royale! Must've been a jungle on that editing room floor, eh?

HAHA.

mpoutane

This version of BR is acceptable!

bladerunner.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom