• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which will be the better game?

DCX

DCX
Out of all the big releases this year, which will end up being the better game:

- Paper Mario 2
- Metal Gear Solid 3
- Doom III
- Half Life II
- GTA: San Andreas
- Silent Hill 4
- Burnout 3
- Ratchet And Clank 3
- GT4
- Jak III
- Fable
- HALO 2
- Prince of Persia II
- Metriod Prime 2
- Jade Empire
- Pikmin 2

My pick: HALO 2 with Half-Life2 as a runner up.

DCX

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (the first one was sheer perfection, imo)
Runner up: Doom 3 (PC)

GOTY thus far and likely to stay that way = UT2K4

MaddenNFL64

Metroid Prime 2, Paper Mario 2, and Metal Gear Solid 3 should be there.

Halo 2 is my pick, and then Metroid Prime 2.

Edit: Looks like they're in :p.

How do you expect people to like that list?
Are you crazy?
Let's all vote on a list of games and then decide what goes in.
Or are you just really interested in these games?
2 more additions: Jade Empire and B.C., please.

Even if Halo 2 is bad, people are gonna say : "Change is good, they made the right choice", etc...

But I'm gonna say watch Half Life 2 and Jak 3. Oh and Metroid Prime 2 of course.

Prine

Banned
Halo 2 - Single player will be awesome no doubt, but multiplayer is going to be its main strength. Now that its online, theres no stopping Halo (With XBL 3 launching simultaniously)

Runner up - Fable (bacause of Danny Elfman :p)

Andy787

Banned
Half-Life 2.

Regardless, that's probably the best list of titles any single year has ever seen in videogames, imo, and that's not even including quite a number of others coming/already this year.

DCX

DCX
I talking about the BETTER game, not hype, not "inflated" scores, but the game that will deliver in terms of a combination betyween, natural control, engaging gameplay, presentation/enviornments, and story. I still believe HALO 2 can and will deliver on all these fronts, so will Half-Life II. I have a feeling we'll see more games like Doom III which showcases but is very shallow. IMO

DCX

DCX said:
I talking about the BETTER game, not hype, not "inflated" scores, but the game that will deliver in terms of a combination betyween, natural control, engaging gameplay, presentation/enviornments, and story. I still believe HALO 2 can and will deliver on all these fronts, so will Half-Life II. I have a feeling we'll see more games like Doom II which showcases but is very shallow. IMO

DCX

so why did you put JIII, R+C III, Burnout 3 and SH4 on that list. I think HALO 2 and HL2 will probably be carried by a lot of hype, with HALO 2 having a better carry through ratio. The fact that we've seen very little of single player halo 2 has me a little concerned though. Doom II? Come back when you're done in the past.

Why isn't Pikmin 2 on that list?

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Suikoden IV, Shin Megami Tensei 3, and Digital Devil Saga!
Okay, I'll go back to my little world now.

DCX

DCX
TheGreenGiant said:
so why did you put JIII, R+C III, Burnout 3 and SH4 on that list. I think HALO 2 and HL2 will probably be carried by a lot of hype, with HALO 2 having a better carry through ratio. The fact that we've seen very little of single player halo 2 has me a little concerned though. Doom II? Come back when you're done in the past.

Why isn't Pikmin 2 on that list?
Are you assuming that Jak III, Ratchet and Clank III or Burnout couldn't be the best game this season? What info backs this statement up? There are people who would say Animal Crossing was the best game when it came out...for them, so i'm sure there's going to be some Burnout love on these boards as there seems to be alot of Pikmin love too. Who knows, we all could be wrong and " The Guy Game " win destroy all!!

DCX

BeOnEdge

Banned
I'm almost positive i'll have the most fun with burnout 3 on LIVE then GTASA. I'm getting halo 2 but i dont like the first one at all except for multiplayer. halo 2 should own on LIVE.

DCX

DCX
BeOnEdge said:
I'm almost positive i'll have the most fun with burnout 3 on LIVE then GTASA. I'm getting halo 2 but i dont like the first one at all except for multiplayer. halo 2 should own on LIVE.
I knew you would back me up ;)

DCX

That list of games is class, this will be some winter.

For me, I guess, the games I'm really looking at are Metroid Prime 2, Halo 2, Paper Mario 2, Jade Empire, Pikmin 2 and Half Life 2. In no order.

I don't have LIVE so I really hope the single player on Halo 2 is on par with the first game.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
halo 2 will soundly outclass anything on that list. but gradius v is the presumptive goty.

DCX

DCX
olimario said:
Metroid Prime 2 is the obvious GOTY choice. MP is the highest rated game this generation so far.
Really? I don't hear alot about MP though. I have to give it whirl...i own it and never played it :p

DCX

DCX said:
Really? I don't hear alot about MP though. I have to give it whirl...i own it and never played it :p

DCX

Owning MP and never played it is like paying a hooker to play Monopoly with you.

DCX

DCX
Littleberu said:
Owning MP and never played it is like paying a hooker to play Monopoly with you.
LOL I have ALOT of games and i have a HUGE back log, included on that list is Vice City, MPO, Wind Wakker, Nights of The Old Republic...i know, i know... I'll get on MP right away.

DCX

SyNapSe

Halo 2 & HL2

With Honorable mentions to MP: Echoes, and MGS3 (I don't like the genre really, but it looks incredible)

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Deg said:
Half Life 2 = main pc game.
GTA San Andreas = main console game.
This looks about right. Although my pick would go to:

Image4365.gif

:D

Top Bottom