• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

White chicks, black...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIMIC

Banned
...reviews. :( The critics' assaults have begun.

I'm sure this movie is chock full of stupid, dumb fun. :) Anybody going to go see it tomorrow?

Jak140

NO. I have nothing against funny but dumb movies (Zoolander was cool, and Dodgeball was okay), but this looks like absolute bottom of the barrel crapola. I'll pass, thanks.

Slo

White chicks looks like the worst movie ever made. It could only be worse if they cast Pauly Shore as one of the white chicks.

B'z-chan

Banned
Slo said:
White chicks looks like the worst movie ever made. It could only be worse if they cast Pauly Shore as one of the white chicks.

I can just see the second movie now. Pauly shore as the black chick.

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
MIMIC said:
I'm sure this movie is chock full of stupid, dumb fun. :) Anybody going to go see it tomorrow?

Hey guys, let's go watch another dumb movie that promotes racial stereotypes and places "urban" blacks in rich, high-class white-people situations! It'll be like a minstrel show in 2004! Who else wants to join me?

kevm3

No... Honestly, I don't know why crap like this is allowed to drop out of the studio doors. I realize how offensive movies like this can be. What about a movie called 'black chicks' with two white guys dressing up as black women. I bet that'll go over well. Plus, the movie will probably use the same humor archetypes as many other movies of this type.

pestul

frankie_faison1.jpg

Nightmares!

=W=

kevm3 said:
No... Honestly, I don't know why crap like this is allowed to drop out of the studio doors. I realize how offensive movies like this can be. What about a movie called 'black chicks' with two white guys dressing up as black women. I bet that'll go over well. Plus, the movie will probably use the same humor archetypes as many other movies of this type.
10m.jpg

karasu

kevm3 said:

There was a movie called Soul Man where a white guy pretended to be a black guy to get into a black college. So yeah, it's been done. 0_o

=W=

karasu said:
There was a movie called Soul Man where a white guy pretended to be a black guy to get into a black college. So yeah, it's been done. 0_o
Dude, that was like 25 minutes late. :-/

I remember the trailer for this at the theater. Usually someone is talking or muttering or chuckling at even the stupidest of trailers. The crowd for this one was dead silent. Even Soul Plane got a few laughs. This was like crickets chirping, tumbleweeds blowing by silent.

Hopefully it will get what it deserves when it hits theaters.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I think it would be worth the time served if I just hung out at a theater and stabbed everybody who buys a ticket to see this.

Pachinko

I wish I knew the addresses of the folks who'd pay to see this so I can personally go to there home and punch them in the face for lowering my opinion of humanity further. This movie looks so bad , dead folks are reanimating themselves just to shake there heads in disgust one last time.

The sad fact is that lots of people are going to see this , I'd wager it'll be number 1 this weekend and probally top 100 million dollars. I mean look at scary movie 1 and 2. :(

Pachinko said:
I wish I knew the addresses of the folks who'd pay to see this so I can personally go to there home and punch them in the face for lowering my opinion of humanity further. This movie looks so bad , dead folks are reanimating themselves just to shake there heads in disgust one last time.

The sad fact is that lots of people are going to see this , I'd wager it'll be number 1 this weekend and probally top 100 million dollars. I mean look at scary movie 1 and 2. :(
you didn't like scary movie 1 & 2?

Pachinko said:

I don't think it's going to do that well. But it's definetly going to do well because its basically what you think of when you think of a summer movie. Just a movie that you go to see for fun and has no real lasting impact.

As for SM1 and 2. They looked dumb, but they looked dumb in a funny way. This just looks dumb as someone pointed out above. There doesn't seem to be anything funny about it.

bjork

And to think it wasn't that long ago that Chuck D and co. were rapping about blacks not getting lead roles in movies.

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ughhh Usatoday newspaper gave it 3 out of 4 stars..wtf o_O

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
those proclaiming this movie worst ever have clearly forgotten

marcix_150x225.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom