• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who else lost G4TechTV?

gtmax

Time Warner cable, here in NYC, dropped G4 TV when it merged with TechTV. I'm gonna call them and complain and demand the channel back, but either way, i'm gonna look into getting Dish Network TV.

It was funny when it happened. From one day to the next i completely lost channel 105. Now the cable goes from 104 to 106.

stonedwal

Austar dropped TechTV International (which had been replaying May's episodes for the last month) as it's now defunct, but are in negotiations with G4 to bring certain programs to slap TSS and X-Play on Channel V (a music channel).

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
Same situation for me. I checked the G4techtv froums after it happened, and I saw that there were many people maing complaints, but it looked like TWC was't going to do anything.
I miss the channel abit, but I don't want to give up my free Showtime and Cinemax on Demand.

Barnimal

Banned
you guys might wanna check the higher channels. for while G4tech was on 2 channels. thats kinda pointless. its probably just on one now. i have TW and i still have it.

----

Banned
Time Warner and Comcast are having another big battle. If you're a time warner cable customer in NYC just go with Dish Network or Directv, since both carry G4TechTV.

My TW had both G4 and TechTV. They killed the TechTV channel and kept the G4.

Directv? Eeks! Hope you have good DSL service if you're willing to give up RR.

aparisi2274

gtmax said:
Time Warner cable, here in NYC, dropped G4 TV when it merged with TechTV. I'm gonna call them and complain and demand the channel back, but either way, i'm gonna look into getting Dish Network TV.

It was funny when it happened. From one day to the next i completely lost channel 105. Now the cable goes from 104 to 106.

I Lost it to, my channel 105 is gone. I live on Staten Island, and I called my local Time Warner Cust. Serv. and they said that once they merged they had no obligation to carry G4TechTV, and that they are working on putting a channel in that is an acceptable solution to everyone.

Now that is best Bullshit I ever heard. The real reason is because G4 is now owned by Comcast, and that is a rival cable operator. So TWC said FUCK ALL OUR CUSTOMERS, and dropped the channel

Chrono

Banned
teiresias said:
Considering the new G4TechTV channel sucks (mainly because of all the G4 crap) losing it is no big loss.

Every time I go over to TechTV and see those crappy G4 programs playing... I feel like I'm watching the aftermath of an invasion. :(

SA-X

Yeah, you guys aren't missing much. All those G4 shows have turned TechTV into complete unwatchable trash.

cvxfreak

Probably. I had G4 at my old house, and the only remotely interesting stuff were the Icons on Inafune-san, Naka-san, Suzuki-san and the "top 10 scariest games" in which RE naturally took the crown. ;)

satterfield

BIGTIME TV MOGUL
The network is working on returning service to the portions of NYC that lost the channel. It should be back on relatively soon, though.

Top Bottom