• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who Here Has the 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got mine and I love it. But I have one tiny question, which maybe someone can answer...

... Are there supposed to be separate pieces for the exhaust pipes? You know, the ones that come out of Optimus' upper shoulders? Seems like you're suppose to screw something on, cuz what's on his shoulders look a bit short as is, plus they look much longer looking on the box. But none came in the box; all I got were the weapons and the Matrix.

Plus there's no mention of anything in the instruction manual... perhaps its a bit obvious if you had the parts to add them, but then again, manuals are supposed to be ultra thorough.

Are they supposed to be in the box? Or are they hidden inside the toy? I haven't tried transforming him yet.

btrboyev

The US version of prime has the smoke stacks shortened due to US laws about child safety...so your not missing anything..its unfortunate, but it doesn't look that bad when all is said and done.

bjork

They're long on the import.

Masterpiece Convoy = yay.

Though, I've got both him and the 18 inch Spidey, and Mr. Parker gets the nod as far as being the cooler toy imo.

Prime's an amazing update to the original, though. :)

btrboyev said:
The US version of prime has the smoke stacks shortened due to US laws about child safety...so your not missing anything..its unfortunate, but it doesn't look that bad when all is said and done.

Thanks for the info. I just wanted to make sure I didn't accidentally throw them out or something, or waste time contacting Hasbro.

Oh, and... stupid fuckin' kids!

bjork

There are guys who make custom replacement ones for about $10 or so... you can get trailers too, but they're pretty steep.

I've debated on buying it for about 2 weeks now. We got some in our store and we're charging $62 bucks for 'em. A good deal for the highly-sought toy, but still 62 bucks. I've heard good things and bad things. Is the figure really as fragile as it looks? Is it difficult to transform? And do you know exactly how limited this thing is? In other words, is it worth it?

bjork

It's not limited by any means... Targets and WMs out here are still sitting on tons of them. But as far as the engineering of the toy goes, yeah. It's worth it. Old Optimus was a simple transformation: flop the legs down, bend the feet out, fold the head over, pop the arms out from the sides and put the fists in the headlight holes.

This one is way more complex than that... articulated hands, hydraulic things in the legs (the vents on his shins open if you push him down while he's standing), the mouthplate can be moved to replicate talking, the Matrix in his chest lights up, etc etc. It's definitely the best TF to date, quality-wise.

I paid $80 for the import, but if I didn't have access to that, I wouldn't picked up the domestic.

nathkenn

Borg Artiste
its hard and annoying to transform, atleast the first time, but I dont think it's fragile at all, the thing is heavy. It's not like the damn macross vf-1a i bought that feels like it will fall apart at any second

I was thinking of buying this today. I dont have transformers anymore, but replacing them with ONLY this bad boy and I might be set. Yay or nay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom