• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who is your Cell Phone Provider?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thumbs Up? Thumbs Down? Bad Experiences?

I use T-Mobile, they have rocked so far. Except I find it stupid I pay for being sent junk text messages.

golem

ATTWS GSM
50$/month (2-lines)
600 anytime
unlimited n/w
1000 mob2mob

i like it... coverage is good in LA, and now that they merged with cingular we can use their network as well

Joe

verizon wireless, its best service in new york. if you're wondering, over here, nextel is second best, sprint is third. but im not sure where at&t wireless ranks now since they've upgraded their service.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Bell Canada.
Very good here in Toronto and (surprisingly) even better back in Edmonton.

Bell is fucking stupid though. They've ripped me off on mobile repair fees, landline connection charges, and their DSL sympatico software messed up my computer.

Doth Togo

T-mobile. 600 min + free nights/weekends = $39.99

They drop calls sometimes though. Kinda sucks when you're getting a call from London and you can't call them back.

AirBrian

T-Mobile Family Plan $69.99 (2 phones w/ 2 numbers)

- 800 Whenever minutes
- Unlimited weeknights
- Unlimited weeekends
- Unlimited minutes to other T-Mobile users
- No roaming
- No long-distance charges

Something else I like about them (do other carriers do this?) is that after the 1 year contract, I can call them up and get the newest phones at the "new activation required" rates. They'll also unlock phones after 3 months.

Joe

i remember when i had my first cell phone like 4 or 5 years ago. it was sprint and it was $35 a month for 200 minutes and thats it.

Fido, I am using those pre-paid phone cards; $10 a month for 30mins is enough for me.
I am not a heavy phone user. ;)
It is cheap and coverage is good enough for me (using the M55 phone in the Vancouver area).

CoryCubed

I have Cingular - they were once awesome and even though they were lapped in technology I stuck through and now their phones are somewhat cooler but their customer service can go to hell...or wait maybe they are hell I don't know anymore

Greekboy

Banned
Telus. Mike i730. Great phone and service. No complaints at all.

B0000SX3BK.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
I have Alltel. They wouldn't be so bad if their phone selection didn't suck so much ass. I can't wait until my service plan is up so I can switch cariiers.

andthebeatgoeson

Got rid of Sprint. Don't sign up with Sprint.

On Verizon and they have given me problems with my phone replacements since it's faulty anyway. But at least they don't drop my calls all the time. Although, I will try to get a better deal in the fall by threatening to leave, with all intentions to stay. I hope it works.

Cingular. I've got the cheapest plan, which is about $30-$35 a month. I don't really need more than that.

I've had an okay experience so far. Had to get rid of my text messages though, because I was getting a lot of sports update texts sent to me that I never signed up for, and was being charged for.

evil ways

Movistar, but with pre-paid cards, since I rarely use the cellphone unless it's for emergencies or for quick calls.

BTMash

Have Telus Mobility like a couple people here. I'm quite happy with the service. Now if only they can get a better selection of phones...

Mumbles

AT&T. On the $30 GSM Local plan, but I get 20% extra minutes, + nights and weekends free, through work. No complaints so far, and I've been with them for a few years now.

I design software for cell phones and have used them all, and I can safely say that all providers suck to a certain degree.

Greekboy

Banned
BTMash said:
Have Telus Mobility like a couple people here. I'm quite happy with the service. Now if only they can get a better selection of phones...

I understand the Mike line is not for everyone but those phones are quite solid and the two way radio direct connect feature is also sweet.

Triumph

Banned
Cingular, dog. I'm on the family plan with me pop and stepmum. So I don't pay for my phone, I don't really know about it. A winnar is me!

Penguin

I got Verizon..

Pretty much forced to since it's the only cell phone provider that works at my school.

I much preferred my T-Mobile plan, but what are you going to do.

AT&T and the signal here in San Diego is either excellent or awful, most of the time it's the latter. Can't wait for my contract to run out.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
ATT
Had no problems with them, canceling though cause I never use my phone!

Most of the time reception is dependant on the area.

One thing though, their crappy website never seems to have the data available, 9/10 times going there I can't view my bill or any other info!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom