• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who wants an F-Zero X port for DS?

As of now, I think I would rather buy a PSP. But man, I'm playing F-Zero X right now (Queen Cup, Master difficulty), and I've been reminded of how absolutely awesome F-Zero X is. If this is ported to the DS I'm not sure if I'll be able to resist. Who wants this port?!!

I'm kinda drunk. At 4:19, too.

I know there is a Wipeout coming to the PSP... and that makes me want the machine with a thunder. But if F-Zero X is ported, it's DS no question. After all, who knows if Wipeout PSP will live up to the standards of the series? But we all know (sp?) that F-Zero X is freakin perfection.

shuri

Banned
Oh, and lemme guess, the fact that we're gonna be able to see the map in the bottom screen will make it more interesting?

Why not?

The GBA gets several F-Zero games, the DS should get its own too.

It wouldn't neccessarily have to be a direct port either.

They could add a lot of the stuff that was supposed to be in the 64DD expansion to F-Zero X.

You could create custom tracks for example by using the stylus, or create custom hovercrafts the same way.

And Wi-Fi play would kick ass.

Oh, and lemme guess, the fact that we're gonna be able to see the map in the bottom screen will make it more interesting?

Don't classify me with Nintendo fanboy slime trying to hype the features of a new Nintendo system. You'd be grossly incorrect.

The fact that I'd have F-Zero X on the go is more than enough to justify a purchase. Have you played F-Zero X? If you haven't, you're missing out on what is perhaps the greatest racer ever.

OMG THUMB STRAP AHOY! TEH INNOVATION!

Eh seriously though, F-Zero on DS is any form is welcome, but I'd really like to see one come out after Nintendo is confident in taking the DS online. Actually, regardless, the DS allows for a large number of players. Even 8 players would be grand, let alone even more if it was taken online. I'd like that with F-Zero.

2D F-Zero has been trumped. Except for music. There is no reason to go back to the 2D style of F-Zero, ie 1 turbo per lap, 8 racers per track style.

RE4 vs. SH4 said:
2D F-Zero has been trumped.
It hasn't been trumped at all, it's a completely different game, and a kind that I enjoy much more.

Also, your handle presents a terribly unbalanced comparison, RE4 has to go through SH2 before getting to the much weaker SH4.

I'd much prefer a port of GoldenEye 007 or Perfect Dark (more so GoldenEye) to the DS instead. I know it's not likely to happen, but hey, it could. Rare's allowed to develop for the GBA, so.. :D

It hasn't been trumped at all, it's a completely different game, and a kind that I enjoy much more.

Also, your handle presents a terribly unbalanced comparison, RE4 has to go through SH2 before getting to the much weaker SH4.

It has. The boost system in F-Zero X (combined with the combat) makes the game much more strategic than the original F-Zero, and the addition of 22 racers per track just makes things much more interesting. Having to fight for your position is so rewarding in X/GX, something the original game didn't have.

And as far as I know, when you do series comparisons, you're supposed to compare the latest games. Or would you say the Phillies is a better team than the Red Sox because the 1980 Phillies team tromps the current Red Sox team?

No.... i rather have a brand new f-zero game. If any games get ported over from N64 then we wasted our money last generation for nothing.

It's best to come up with new ideas and different "types" of feelings to make us believe we're playing it for the first time.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
Considering GBA has two F-Zero's I would say the chances are good for a DS version. The N64DD version might make it worth it, but I'd rather have a new version than a port any day. If they're going to port N64 games, I'd rather them be games that were never released, like Rev Limit, Earthbound64 or Final Fantasy 64.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
no more ports! but I'd take an F-Zero game with an MP Hunters approach, i.e. something that sorta kinda resembles the GC game minus NST minus the anime's character design plus N64 courses to settle you whiners

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I wouldn't mind F-Zero X with rebuilt graphics and the 64DD content thrown in for good measure. Man, imagine trading custom made tracks over the WiFi? (Though... how to store them?)

Still, if the GBA can get an F-Zero with a track editor (Climax) so the hell can the DS, and since one is oh so conveniently waiting already... :D

Top Bottom