• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who's following Marimite? (Maria-sama ga Miteru)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiryogi

Banned
Or has had the patience to follow first season/Haru episode 1? Just saw Haru 1 yesterday and it still leave a great impression on me. It might have been slow in the beginning, but it's built up nicely in it's own subtle way. Sooo, anyone out there watching it? :D

main02B.gif

Gokigenyou!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I watched it. Yumi still bores me, I find the show most enjoyable when she isn't talking, maybe she'll sprout a personality this season. I enjoy the show just becasue I like the other characters so much.

We need a season about Yoshino

kiryogi

Banned
DrForester said:
I watched it. Yumi still bores me, I find the show most enjoyable when she isn't talking, maybe she'll sprout a personality this season. I enjoy the show just becasue I like the other characters so much.

We need a season about Yoshino

But Yumi's so cute! Especally with Rosa Gigantea/Sei-sama hits on her XD Which on note is my fave char. (Along with some Sachiko moments)

Mugen

Banned
Agree with Konex on this one. It's boring. I rather dl SexFriends... bwahahhahaahhahaaah!

oh and Yuzuyu > * in uber-cuteness.

kiryogi

Banned
Well I should have mentioned that Marimite isn't for everyone. It takes a good degree of patience and certain taste to enjoy it. :p But it's quite refined that way.

Me, me! The first episode of the first season totally alienated me - I felt like I was spying on secret girls-only business that I had no business intruding on. But after that, the characters and art really drew me in. The plot is most interesting when it's not dealing with Yumi-angst, but it's funny to see how silly her worries can get. Sei + Shizuka + Yoshino <3 <3

FnordChan

I'm nine episodes into the first season and enjoying it well enough, but not really getting into it. It's kinda like Brother, Dear Brother, except without psychotic bitches everywhere. In fact, that's what this show could really use: some stone cold bitches to torment our heroine. Instead, all the conflict comes from misunderstanding and "oh, I can't tell them how I really feel about them!" angst; it's LiveJournal: The Animated Series.

That said, it's not too shabby. And, for the fans, here is a slew of wacky Maria-sama doujinshi. Nothing risque (well, perhaps a touch here and there), just goofy antics. Here's some sample art:

maria01.jpg

maria02.jpg

maria03.jpg

maria04.jpg

Finally, my personal favorite gag in the whole pile of 'em. Bonus points for anyone who gets the reference:

maria00.jpg

FnordChan

Pellham

Banned
ooh I didn't realize season 2 was out. Yeah the show is slow-paced and will bore 99% of all males, but for the 1% that like angsty pseudo-lesbian interaction, this show is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom