• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who's on your ignore list?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now, I just added three people:

DMczaf
Miguel
Fifty

Will be soon adding Adelgary, SuerTe, BuddyChrist83, and Sera.

Who was the dude that had like half the forum on ignore?

Dead

well not really...yet
my ignore list on the last gaf was getting pretty big, right now I only have 2 people on it.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
I don't know, but I know half the forum had Greekboy on ignore once upon a time.

No one for me personally, but, funnily enough, I considered putting you on it not too long ago. You're in the lead!

xsarien

daedsiluap
Eh, it seems like the technological equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ear and going LALALALALALALAICAN'THEARYOUHAHALALALALA!

That and I don't take what people do or say here so seriously to the point where I want to ignore them outright. I even kept Greekboy off of my ignore list, simply because I wanted to see which post would inevitably get his ass banished back to GameFAQs. ;)

DMczaf

I would put Lonestar on my Ignore List, but he's going to get himself banned any day now again so what would the point be?

xsarien said:
Eh, it seems like the technological equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ear and going LALALALALALALAICAN'THEARYOUHAHALALALALA!

That and I don't take what people do or say here too seriously to the point where I want to ignore them outright. I even kept Greekboy off of my ignore list, simply because I wanted to see which post would inevitably get his ass banished back to GameFAQs. ;)

I'm using ignore for the first time because I have a tendency to lash out at stupidity, which results in my ban. It's like a trick they play.

effzee said:
DMczaf
Miguel
Fifty

are prolly the 3 coolest guys here.

Possibly, if you're into sports or Michael Jordon. Thats not to say I don't like em, I dont have a problem with the majority of people on this board. I dont take things seriously at all so whats the point of getting angry.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Us Admins have a different "ignore" list... Ask Freeburn about it!

DMczaf

Teh Hamburglar said:
Possibly, if you're into sports or Michael Jordon. Thats not to say I don't like em, I dont have a problem with the majority of people on this board. I dont take things seriously at all so whats the point of getting angry.

...Jordon?!

:|

I had Neutron Night on my ignore list for a while, but I decided to take him off and try to ignore him manually

Oh and BTW, where is Greekboy gone now anyway?

evil ways

Nobody. I think GAF mods do a great job of dealing with and banning the extrememist idiots and spammers that would probably be really annoying to me.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Nobody. On the old board I had a good few, but I always clicked their posts to see what they said anyway, so I figured why bother with ignore.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Personally, I think anyone who has people on their ignore list needs to be more laid-back. Don't let people on an internet forum get to you.

belgurdo

Banned
Nobody, although in old GAF Mario Hugo and Tritoid were on it for about a day since they thought I was anti-Nintendo or something. Then I realized that the entire concept of trying to blot out opinions was stupid and took them off.

Edit: Don't care enough about Kuroyume to put him on the list, though

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
MrCheez said:
I am in love with your avatar, sir.

Thanks. A friend of mine made it for me. That is actually one of a set of 20 or so figurines I expect to arrive next week sometime.

The only person on my ignore list at the moment is SSX, and I'm thinking about taking him off since I still click to view his posts.

And it's not that people ignore because theyt ake things seriously. I like to ignore people who's responses are too predictable and not even worth mine time to read. But that's rarely the case here unless they're a major fanboy. :p

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
DJ: That avatar violates copyright.

Fleming: You can theoretically ignore every other normal user, but not mods/admins. ;)

MIMIC

Banned
I'm not really sure that I fully understand the ignore feature. I mean, when you add someone to your ignore list, what happens? Are you then free of seeing their posts when you enter a thread in which they have posted?...same with a posted thread? Are they unable to send you PMs (but that would break the concept of IGNORING somebody, because you can ignore THEM, but they can still pester YOU)?

I'm also confused because DarthWufei said he continues to "click to view [SSX's] posts." My understanding of this ignore feature is obviously off, seeing as you can still view the person's posts without removing that person from your list.

EXPLAIN!

MIMIC said:
I'm not really sure that I fully understand the ignore feature. I mean, when you add someone to your ignore list, what happens? Are you then free of seeing their posts when you enter a thread in which they have posted?...same with a posted thread? Are they unable to send you PMs (but that would break the concept of IGNORING somebody, because you can ignore THEM, but they can still pester YOU)?

I'm also confused because DarthWufei said he continues to "click to view [SSX's] posts." My understanding of this ignore feature is obviously off, seeing as you can still view the person's posts without removing that person from your list.

EXPLAIN!

Basically when you ignore someone there's posts turn into a box that reads "BLAH BLAH IS ON YOUR IGNORE LIST BLAH BLAH" or something of that sort. And you're supposed to just skip over it. You can view their post by clicking "view post" and there's a link to remove them. It's really a pointless feature as 9 times out of 10 they're quoted and you see their response anyways.

Plus to truely ignore someone, you'd have to have everyone else ignore them as well.

MIMIC

Banned
DarthWufei said:
Basically when you ignore someone there's posts turn into a box that reads "BLAH BLAH IS ON YOUR IGNORE LIST BLAH BLAH" or something of that sort. And you're supposed to just skip over it. You can view their post by clicking "view post" and there's a link to remove them. It's really a pointless feature as 9 times out of 10 they're quoted and you see their response anyways.

Plus to truely ignore someone, you'd have to everyone else ignore them as well.

Ohhhh...

Chopin Trusty Balls

First casualty in the war on idioticy.
Hitokage said:
DJ: That avatar violates copyright.

Fleming: You can theoretically ignore every other normal user, but not mods/admins. ;)

*click*

"Sorry Hitokage is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her."

doh

eXxy said:
ignoring people seems dumb. if you get that upset over someone, you need a reality check.

i don't get upset with them. it's just that i feel i'm hearing a record skip over and over and over when reading their posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom