• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who's who among Street Fighter artists?

Amneziak

aka The Hound
In particular, I'd like to know who this artist is (Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike, I believe):

sf_art_1

sf_art_2

and if this art (SF Alpha 3) is from the same person:

sf_art_3

The styles seem similar in these pics, but the character art in the two games looks much different.

I've heard the names Bengus and Akiman, but I just can't seem to find any of their work online. I'm going to Comic-Con tomorrow and I'll be looking for some art books, so if anyone can help that would be great. Please post pics or links if you can.

bjork

We've got Capcom Illustrations book at work... I think it's the same one that the "naked Ryu" pic came from. If nobody's posted anything by the time I get to work, I'll check the book out and see if it says anything.

Amneziak

aka The Hound
bjork said:
We've got Capcom Illustrations book at work... I think it's the same one that the "naked Ryu" pic came from. If nobody's posted anything by the time I get to work, I'll check the book out and see if it says anything.

Thanks.

belgurdo said:
Akiman
Edayan
Bengus
Kinu Nishimura

Thanks also, but what I'd really like to know is who draws what? Like I said, I've heard names like Bengus and Akiman but I don't know what they're responsible for.

according to my eternal challenge artbook the 3rd strike artist is ikeno?
イケノ

Akiman is like the main designer it seems from way back (sf2/sf1?) does everything he's got some really nice Chun Li stuff.

This naked ryu:?
ryuu.jpg

The section with designer interviews is larger and separate, including full profiles on the big names of SF's design team: Shoei, Akiman, Kinu Nishimura, and Ikeno. These aren't the only artists whose work is featured in the book, mind you. There is plenty to be seen including illusts by Edayan, Hideki and Bengus, whose art influenced the look of the later games.
-flaregamer eternal challenge review

nope this one; that coincides with the 15 anniversary:
animebooks-com_1802_167317616

XS+

Banned
Akiman is kinda bleh, it's all about Kinu. Ikeno did nice work on III3rd though. Shinkirou (CvS2 and original-SNK KoF) owns them all imo.

Top Bottom