• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why can't I download Windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Damn you, Microsoft. I need a valid license code to install it anyway, why can't I just download it from your website? I've actually got more legal Windows licenses than I know what to do with at the moment, because I run Linux on most of my PCs, but I can't find any Windows 2000 install discs other than the crippled ones that only install on slimline Tiny PCs. Damn you, I say.

Well, it's a good thing you didn't mention Bittorrent, or any sites like suprnova. Because that would be wrong, getting a copy from a place like that. Even if you WERE using it with a real Serial code because you had a valid reason (disc loss) I'm glad NOBODY mentioned it, and lets all forget that we even discussed the subject.....

The following is for iaepetus only. Contains spoilers to every movie you haven't seen.

P.S - Hint hint, nudge nudge, wink wink.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
just pay 50 grand a year and get an MSDN subscription. EASY

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Exactly. Given Microsoft's insistance that I don't own the CD, just have a license to use the software, they should provide that software to me on presentation of proof of this (my license key) complete with all patches so that I don't have to download the same thing multiple times. How useful would that be? Hell, they could even let me do a network install in the same way that many Linux distributions do. Just download a simple boot floppy and you're off!

Good question since you "technically" don't own the store bought CD anyway. You're only buying the license to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom