• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why can't I edit REALLY OLD posts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I want to edit my 1080 Avalanche $9.99 thread in the gaming forum but the edit link is not there. Whyyyyy

Meier

It's an idiotic rule that should've been changed when it was complained about during the board's first day or two but for some reason it has remained.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Very stupid feature. I know other VB forums that use it. You can't edit a post that's older than 1440 minutes.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
So, is this intentionally set up by the mods or are they overlooking something? And if it is intentional, I sure would like to know the reasoning behind it

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Could be one or the other. The option can be adjusted and toggled. Setting it to 0 turns it off.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I bumped it to 7 days... back when it was first complained about. I kinda agree with the concept, but I don't agree with the default setting. GA likes their archives. ;)

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
That really sucks for posts that archive information, like Gamertags, or Greatest Hits Games

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I think it sucks altogther. I don't recall a time where a poster deleted their own posts created weeks or months ago

Matlock

Banned
Hitokage said:
I bumped it to 7 days... back when it was first complained about. I kinda agree with the concept, but I don't agree with the default setting. GA likes their archives. ;)

Suikoguy said:
That really sucks for posts that archive information, like Gamertags, or Greatest Hits Games

~

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I meant that threads should be left as they were when they first die out.

Now, I agree that even 7 days is really too short a time... something like a month would be best... but I don't agree with turning it off all together.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
But if anyone edits embarrasing/indicting messages of your own out of the forum archive I'm banning you ;b

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
but then people like kinesis could dimish the legends they have become slightly. why not just make a new post if the old one is that old. surely the info has changed enough to be counted as new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom