• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why did none of you tell me Outrun 2 demo is online??! plus other OXM demo thoughts.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
This game is rad! Powersliding feels extremely natural and the graphics are wonderful. OXM demo only allows 4-players online though with no frills or options, but it does play stupendously. I see no option for custom soundtracks, but Magical Sound Shower got much deserved playtime.

SVC Chaos is the only other demo I've tried on the disc so far, barely spent any time with the Neo Geo original, and all I could tell that was different are the included transparencies in lifebars/fireball motions.

It's sorta fun though, Street Fighter with SNK sensibilities and patented stop motion effects, hell it was really easy to flow random kicks and punches into all sorts of combo juggles with super finishes. Not so terrible as I have been led to believe, but hardly imaginitive either. I admit to being somewhat ignorant to exactly what the major problems the l33t audience constantly slings at it, but I may snag it on the cheap if only for Demitri's great new look.

Otogi 2 is probably the only other demo i care to test out, maybe Kingdom Under Fire.

Others playables on the disc are Bloodrayne 2, Area 51, R6:3 expansion, Fight Club, abd lots of junk about Splinter Cell 3.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
It could use more animation in the backdrops, a siege taking place on that castle section would have rocked!

Top Bottom